Req Composer tagging on Cuesheets for single FLAC file albums
(2017-02-12, 16:01)DaveBlake Wrote: Krypton recognises COMPOSER, CONDUCTOR and PERFORMER (e.g PERFORMER = artistname(instrument)) tags when embedded in the FLAC files themselves, and you have a file per track.

So it throws away these fields as soon as it recognises there is more than one track?

Quote:You will need to rip each track into a separate FLAC file and tag each accordingly.

Out of interest why do you use single FLAC files cuesheets? I have ripped my music collection using EAC to separate FLAC files, it never crossed my mind to use cuesheets at all.

When I started out ripping my CDs it seemed most people did that for classical music - you typically want to listen to the whole thing and one of the attractions of Kodi is that it handles embedded cuesheets well (unlike a well-known French media player, eg). You don't get any issues with movements which don't have gaps between them, it's less faff to make a copy of the original CD and I don't need a separate file sub-folder for each disc. Also, less work in Audacity when ripping from vinyl or tape.

It would be good if you could at least get Kodi to make sense of COMPOSER, CONDUCTOR etc in a multi-track FLAC containing, eg, a single concerto even if support for these tags in the track entries in cuesheets goes in the too difficult basket.

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Messages In This Thread
RE: FLAC tagging 101, please - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-12, 16:01
RE: FLAC tagging 101, please - by graham-h - 2017-02-12, 17:04
RE: FLAC tagging 101, please - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-12, 18:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composer tagging on Cuesheets for single FLAC file albums0