mp3 download script
3 suggestions for you, i have little coding know-how so i don't know how hard they are Smile

1) add ability to cancel a transfer (deleting mp3 with it).
2) move completed downloads to another folder. e.g. download to e:\ and when complete move the mp3 to e:\music. (to avoid putting incomplete downloads in your music collection).
3) save the list of mp3's being transferred so that incomplete transfers can be resumed the next time the script is started.
hi

thanks for the feedback Smile

as for the suggestions...
1) easy peasy.. no cancelling uploads tho :p
2) planned, soon
3) hrm, a bit difficult since you're requesting from an actual person in a chat room, they might have chaned nick (doesn't track nicknames atm), they might not be in the channel, you might have changed channels, they might have stopped serving. it's doable, but won't be perfect.

i'm playing with a subtitle downloader atm, so it'll probably be a week or so before my next update.. so hang in there, i've not given up (yet)
Quote:i'm playing with a subtitle downloader atm
now that is something i really like Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

edited: posted support request in support forum - don't want to spam this thread Image
can you specify an smb share as the destination directory?
sorry, no chance at the moment. i suppose i could add the option to copy to a share after downloading, but i'm not adding anything like that until the dir can be shared on irc, which means re-writing the dcc send stuff.
great script....other than the odd freeze up,no problems yet.
would be cool if it was possible to get a list of channels and stuff to download different types of files. (apps/divx/etc.)
first of all, congrats on a great script. however i am having a small problem with it. i am sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but i couldn't find it! anyway, it seems that anytime i edit the config file (either manually or via your script) then it won't open the next time i reboot the xbox. if i copy over the original config file, then everything works fine. all i want to do is send my downloaded files to f:\music and change my username. is this a common problem or have i missed something somewhere along the line?

thanks Smile
this might sound silly, but have you tried launching it a second time?
"launch.py" checks for a temporary file that tells it if the script is already running but is hidden.
if it's there, the file is deleted and the launch script does nothing, otherwise it launches testbot.py.
when testbot is running in the background it checks for the file every 3 seconds and will return to the foreground if it can't find it. unfortunately if you reset the xbox while the script is hidden, the file won't be deleted. so after a reboot when you click "launch.py" it won't do anything the first time.

a workaround would be to add the following lines to the end of autoexec.py (in q:\scripts\Wink
Quote:import os

s = os.getcwd()
s = s[:-1]

if os.path.exists(s + "\\hibernate.txt"):
os.remove(s + "\\hibernate.txt")
hi, thanks for the quick response! i tried looking for that 'hibernate.txt' file, but i couldn't find it. i also added that piece of script to autoexec.py, but i had the same problem when i reboot. i am guessing the problem must be linked to the config file as i can copy in the original file, and then everything will work fine...

it's not a big deal i guess, i will just have to get used to my music being in e:\!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mp3 download script0