Android MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)
(2017-03-22, 01:47)steelgtr Wrote: Does this Minix suffer from the dark screen issue that the Beelink GT-1 Amlogic S-912 unit does?
bob
The Postman just delivered a U-9H to my house this morning and I've been playing around with it a bit.
Being one of the Kodi Hardware testers - I had to test MINIX's flagship Android product after all - now that I've seen Kodi dynamic refresh switching is working for specific AML Android Krypton boxes Smile

This U9-H is Not a free review sample from MINIX.

Yes this U9 suffers too from the Dark Screen - colorspace issue all S912 boxes have when you are feeding video output to a 8bit display panel (Non HDR) and use a 1080p Resolution. It was the very first thing I noticed compared to other S905 Android devices.

MINIX and AMlogic are aware of the issue, and I believe a fix is already done for the U9's next Firmware release.

For now if I set a Android Resolution of 2160p (4K) - I get a correct colorspace, and brighter video output.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio) - by wrxtasy - 2017-03-22, 07:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO U9-H (64-bit Octa Core Amlogic S912-H/ 4K UHD HEVC, HDR, Dolby Audio)6