• 14(current)
Xbox One Discussion
Thank you for this release!! :-)
A small tip for those with NFS issues, I got it to work on my Synology NAS by changing the setting "Squash" to "Map all users to admin". But be sure to restrict who is able to connect to your NAS using NFS... I also set it to "Read only", just in case.

Br Linuxs
(2017-02-27, 22:40)natethomas Wrote: We haven't made an official statement ourselves, because we are extremely risk adverse and hate to make promises we can't keep. What we can say is that development is definitely being done on a UWP version of Kodi following the successful launch of the version of Kodi for the Windows store. From here, there are two barriers to actually making it on the Xbox. First, we may not successfully create a UWP version. This seems unlikely, as from what I understand things are going well, but who knows. Second, even if we do, it might not be accepted into the Xbox store. Since we have no actual control on that front, that's something we really, really don't know. But yeah, it's definitely being worked on.

On a sidenote, the rumor itself came from the guys at Microsoft. And it wasn't so much a rumor as an entire press briefing. Smile I think that's a fairly reliable source, personally.
Will there be 4K support for X1X? It's a huge downer that I can't switch resolution to 4K in Kodi right now.
Hopefully you guys can make it so that Kodi uses default system output resolution.
First off, thanks to the developers!!! Can someone post what I need to set for Audio, I am able to play all my music (Lossy and Lossless), but a no audio from movies. All movies are MKVs and usually have DTS, DTS-HD, or AC3. I have changed the audio settings in the X1 to bitsream and in the KODI app, but never any audio. I have the X1 attached to a Marantz SR7011 via HDMI.

Thanks
(2018-01-03, 15:25)Govnah Wrote: First off, thanks to the developers!!! Can someone post what I need to set for Audio, I am able to play all my music (Lossy and Lossless), but a no audio from movies. All movies are MKVs and usually have DTS, DTS-HD, or AC3. I have changed the audio settings in the X1 to bitsream and in the KODI app, but never any audio. I have the X1 attached to a Marantz SR7011 via HDMI.

Thanks
I have Xbox set to Dolby Digital, Kodi set to 5.1, passthrough off
Hi there kodi community,

I hope you guys are willing to help me out with something with regards to the xbox one development of kodi...

I was actually set on buying the Nvidia Shield as my gaming/streaming device, after going through the list of options (including MINIX devices, generic Amlogic boxes, Odroid c2, NUC or my own HTPC budget build) already mentioned here in another thread. My first idea was to buy a simple streaming device but after some thought, i opted to build a budget media/gaming rig with new and second-hand parts. But all of those options fell away when i read about how amazing the Shield is... Sure i know the purpose of the various devices i mentioned are completely different, and target different audiences which is perfectly clear to me as a consumer. But all the devices run kodi and that is my main priority when purchasing a device, because i have been using kodi (XBMC) since it first got released on the original xbox, and haven´t actually purchased a console since the original xbox met its end of life cycle.

Buying a simple but powerful streaming device like the Odroid C2, will cost me 20 euro's less than buying a Shield TV and 70 euro's less than buying an xbox one s. Sure there´s cheaper configs of the Odroid with a smaller EMMC but i want sufficient storage on the EMMC. I´ll have the option of installing different operating systems, but as i´ve said before i think I'd like to play some games in the living room instead.

Buying the Shield will cost me roughly 50 euro's less than buying the xbox one, and i will be stuck with the option to pay 120 euro's a year for a subscription and a game catalog which is well not the greatest. Then there´s the option of buying a card that supports gamestream, which well is not an option because i would have to upgrade my entire PC, which will set me back at least another 400 euro´s on top of the cost of the Shield. The option of having kodi on the xbox one, and me being able to play a huge catalog of games is very appealing (both in terms of budget and capabilities).

Also Android games are really not my cup of tea...

Now i am NOT going to ask when development will be final... I understand that it´s ready when it is ready...

But is it worth waiting for a stable version of kodi and buying the xbox one, over spending my money on a Shield which yes i know is android and has different capabilities (which i don´t use)?

Oh and i should mention that HD-ready to full HD is actually sufficient for my needs... I don´t care about all the fancy extreme high bitrate stuff, or features that some of the media enthusiasts on here like to use. And I'd like to play to occasional game, but although i am not a hardcore gamer (anymore) I'd like the games to be above the casual level. 

Sorry for my long and tedious questions.

Cheers!
If you are looking for an all in one box that will do gaming, Xbox is the way to go.  Development is at its early stages right now, and lots needs to be fixed, but that's how software development goes.  Eventually it will get there, and I really do believe the Xbox will be about the best choice for the most versatile all in one device.
Agreed, the XBOX will replace a couple of devices quite easily:
- Gaming PC, obviously. You might want to check if your favorite titles are available for XBOX ONE though. 
- Game streaming supposedly is available by a third party app (Gamiflux) which would mirror your PC screen to the XBOX. Not sure how well it works though. If good enough could replace a SteamLink device
- BluRay, DVD and CD player basically works out of the box with MS provided apps. If you happen to have a Logitech harmony, you can configure it to remote control the XBOX with it. Otherwise get the media remote with it.
- Video streaming: Major streaming service apps are available including Amazon Prime and Netflix, so it replaced our FireTV stick
- The final device to replace now is the Raspberry PI which is running Kodi as our media centre for live TV and playing videos, pictures and music from NAS

The current Kodi version already runs surprisingly well on the XBOX, I didn't have any crashes in a live TV session or when replaying video files. I will make the move from the RPI to the XBOX in the moment when the missing IR remote support is added. Operating the TV with a controller feels strange and pulls down the WAF :-)

All that said, you obviously need to think about what your priorities are. The XBOX solution may not be for you if:
- You're looking to hardcore gaming and / or special titles. Then, a PC might be the better choice.
- You have special requirements regarding high end audio: The XBOX won't play SACDs for instance
- The apps you want are not available on the XBOX. You can check that on the Microsoft store website.
Thanks to the kodi staff for the release of kodi on the xbox one,now on to my question though has anyone been able to remap the controller buttons more or less the way to erase text as it is right now the b button being used to erase just backs you out when you go to fix a mistake in your text which makes you have to rely on the delete button on the visual keyboard and i am not sure if i can create a new game controller profile just to solve this so any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2017-12-30, 05:34)thesuffering Wrote: Can anyone help how to share a folder via NFS in Windows 10 Pro?  I have enabled NFS server in features (built in Windows 10 Pro) but cant figure out how to share certain folders.
 I'm having the same problem. I was on Windows 10 Home and upgraded to Pro because I'd read that it has NFS capabilities. However, once I'd gone through the process of enabling it, as far as I can see, it only installs client capabilities (ie: the ability to see an NFS share, not the ability to share a drive/folder as an NFS share.)

Happy to be corrected on this as I'd love to be able to test out the functionality of the Kodi build for Xbox One, but I may just have to wait for the SMB update which I hope will arrive (given the tricky nature of it as discussed by the build team)
Hi, if the NFS server component is installed, then when you right click on a folder and bring up the properties, you will see a „NFS Sharing“ tab. There, you will find a checkbox to activate the sharing.
For it to work, you have to add the „Anybody“ user to the folder permissions with read rights.
Thats how it is on Windows Server, let me know how it goes.

You mlght also try WinNFSd (free) or hanewin nfs (paid)
Thank you for helping me out guys! I have decided to wait, for the final release of kodi on the xbox one before buying anything.
Hi - have the alpha version working on an day one edition xbox one. Im using a NFS share off my PC to play an atmos encoded mkv but not hearing anything with the audio.

I have installed the dolby atmos app and have verified atmos audio when playing the sample videos.

Does the current alpha version have the ability to bitstream atmos to a reciever, or is this in the works?
(2018-01-04, 19:16)eru8or Wrote: Hi, if the NFS server component is installed, then when you right click on a folder and bring up the properties, you will see a „NFS Sharing“ tab. There, you will find a checkbox to activate the sharing.
For it to work, you have to add the „Anybody“ user to the folder permissions with read rights.
Thats how it is on Windows Server, let me know how it goes.

You mlght also try WinNFSd (free) or hanewin nfs (paid)
Yeah, that's what confuses me. I've followed the steps on this guide - https://graspingtech.com/mount-nfs-share-windows-10/
However when I right click on folders, the "NFS Sharing" tab isn't there. It seems to have only installed NFS client, not NFS server
I've also tried to issue some get commands via CMD, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Either way, it hasn't worked, so my upgrade from home to pro was a bit of a waste of money  Laugh
Thanks for the reply though
You are right, Pro apparently just installs a client, not a server.  From what I can tell you need Windows Server 2016 (or older versions) for a built in NFS server.  If I'm wrong and it can be enabled in 10 Pro, please someone let me know.   I gave up and just installed winnsfd, not nearly as simple or straight forward as the built in Windows solution, but it is what it is.
Here's a pretty good NFS server for Windows: https://www.hanewin.net/nfs-e.htm

A non-commercial license costs about 20 Euros.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6