• 29(current)
Xbox One Discussion
Hello I can report that I am now running a build from 15 Feb 2018 and my remote is working well.
I am also using tvheadend pvr client and that is performing well.
I have not had a chance to test much else but I will over the comming days.
Do we have any idea when we might see cifs / smb might be working?
I don't think SMB will happen unless something changes on Microsoft's side.
Hi, I have an NFS share on a linux machine (ubuntu 14.04) what contains subdirectories that are mount points from another drive.
On my other kodi (OSMC), these subdirectories are perfectly visible, on xbox they aren't. What could be the issue here? Where should I start to look?
(2018-02-20, 17:25)Benoe Wrote: Hi, I have an NFS share on a linux machine (ubuntu 14.04) what contains subdirectories that are mount points from another drive.
On my other kodi (OSMC), these subdirectories are perfectly visible, on xbox they aren't. What could be the issue here? Where should I start to look?

Not sure if this will work for you, but I had the same issue... hosting NFS on Ubuntu 16.04 - had to put some options in the exports file.  Insecure being one.  
Here's the flags I used and now there's no issues browsing subdirectories from Kodi.  If you want a more specific system on the subnet to have "write" access, just add it before the subnet ro as I have below and map user and group to appropriate Linux user.

/directory 192.168.0.0/24(ro,all_squash,insecure,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)
(2018-02-21, 05:49)Kataliyst Wrote: crossmnt

Thanks, it was the "crossmnt" parameter.
I also want this version with the remotes working. Do you got this 15 feb version from the normal store or did you subscribe for the t st versions and got it that way.
I currently have the 12-02 17.9.108.70 release installed. Is this the latest version?

Does it auto update like the rest of the apps?

I’m just curious because i would like the remote to get working and it says it’s fixed in the sticky thread with known bugs.

Thanks a lot.

Very happy with Kodi on Xbox BTW.
The latest version is available by test subscription only
(2018-02-22, 16:48)afedchin Wrote: The latest version is available by test subscription only

Oke thanks ,

I subscribed. Keep up the great work.
Anyone else having serious problems accessing NFS shares on a Qnap?

I've been able to browse shared folders for very short moments, but these are exceptions.

I can browse the shared folders on my Qnap NAS from a PC just fine, but as soon as I try to access it from the XOne, Kodi either stops trying within seconds without showing any type of error message, or freezes the device. The NFS server seems to stop working permanently and I must restart it (or sometimes the entire NAS) to be able to access it from a PC again.

No errors appear in any of the logs available in the Kodi GUI or Qnap GUI.

Are there any obvious problems with my "Multimedia" exports...?

"/share/HDA_DATA/Multimedia" *(rw,async,no_subtree_check,insecure,no_root_squash)
"/share/NFSv=4/Multimedia" *(rw,nohide,async,no_subtree_check,insecure,no_root_squash)
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Log

Here I tried to add an NFS share as a video source. First I tried browsing a pre-saved path and surprisingly it worked perfectly at first try. Then I backed out, tried to access it via the "Network File System (NFS)" option, it loaded for a few seconds, gave up, and after that the pre-saved option wasn't working anymore.

Edit: Right now, accessing an NFS share "directly" seems to be working well (and Kodi is currently able to scan the folder). I'm not sure why it was so problematic before but I have been restarting the NFS services and the NAS a few times. The problem with the "Network File System (NFS)" option persists, though.
Are there any hardware differences between OG xbox one and the one X which influence the x265 playback. I have a 10bit x265 file, not uhd, and the x plays it pefectly using DXVA. The OG xbox one doesnt use DXVA but Some kind of deinterlace setting and the DXVA mode is not selectable. Even when i make Kodi use DXVA as standard.

The result is that the og Xbox can’t handle to play the file and the video starts to buffer and stutter.

Should the OG Xbox one be able to play the video? It’s not UHD as I mentioned

Edit : I got the OG Xbox to use DXVA but the playback is still slow and stuttering. It does not seem to have helped even a bit.

Is DXVA with hevc 10 bit full hd files supported on the OG Xbox one.
Theoretically it should work https://wccftech.com/xbox-update-fixes-m...-detailed/
Kodi has disabled x265 in many scenarios, because of some console restarts, so maybe you aren't seeing max possible performance.

This week I'm going to test Plex which is claiming HEVC support on OG.
All the x265 HEVC files I have are 10bit full hd, so I cant try 8 bit files. But I wonder why the Xbox one x plays the files just fine. And I would like to know if dxva is supported for this kind of videos.

I have read that UHD 10 does not work yet at the sticky thread but nothing about full hd.

Does anybody know ?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6