• 31(current)
Xbox One Discussion
Ok. Try this one. It’s a 4k HDR file that did not crash. But colors looked like an old photo negative.

http://ix.io/Qbn

And this log was from a crash of HDR 4k. Grey screen than crash

http://ix.io/QbD
(2018-02-27, 13:46)JonnyVee Wrote: And this log was from a crash of HDR 4k. Grey screen than crash
looks like OOM error. 4K files requires a lot of memory to decode in sw especially 60fps videos. I have no issue with LG Demo with UWP version on desktop. Will try on xbox tonight if I'll have a time.

(2018-02-27, 13:46)JonnyVee Wrote: Ok. Try this one. It’s a 4k HDR file that did not crash. But colors looked like an old photo negative.

I didn't see any issues in the log.
Is the UPnP support still incomplete? Kodi on Xbox doesn't seem to be able to detect my UPnP server (which is just the built-in Windows 10 UPnP server on my desktop), even though I did turn the UPnP service on in Kodi. Kodi 17 on my Android TV still detects it, though.
I was very excited to hear about the refresh rate changing being an accessible feature now (on 2.25.18). However, it seems that I am stuck on 60 hz even with 24p and 25p material. I have the "always adjust refresh rate" option checked. My Xbox is directly connected to the TV by HDMI. It switches refresh rates for blu-rays perfectly fine.

Are there any other system or Kodi options I need to adjust to get this working? Thank you.

Edit: Nevermind, it works as long as I'm not watching SD content at 4K (an issue with my TV and not Kodi I think)
OK, tried to ask in a stand alone question, My thread was closed. I asked in a PM to an admin, I was told to ask here.

I am asking because I am curious on a detailed technical level. What is the hangup with SMB on xbox? Since this is UWP would not windows 10 have the same issue with an UWP app??
From earlier in the thread:

(2018-02-17, 14:05)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-02-17, 12:52)High-Zung Wrote: Hi, cant you just use the "smb code" from VLC Media Player? 

Yes we can and it works (I've tested) but it supports SMBv1 only. We want to implement SMB2/3 support based at libsmb2 but it requires krb5 lib compiling for UWP platfrom what isn't simple to do. 
hi lads , I have xbox one s , I bought it to watch 3d and 4k BDs , but i want more so i want also to play these from usb storage , so i DL KODI and he sees all my UHD BD remuxes and 3D remuxes-that i have in .iso as well but doesn't want to play them .
so can anyone shed i light where is the problem ?
thnx
(2018-03-04, 14:14)ivo123 Wrote: hi lads , I have xbox one s , I bought it to watch 3d and 4k BDs , but i want more so i want also to play these from usb storage , so i DL KODI and he sees all my UHD BD remuxes and 3D remuxes-that i have in .iso as well but doesn't want to play them .
so can anyone shed i light where is the problem ?
thnx
 No one reads sticky's eh.
Just had a crazy thought.
Is it possible to add links to xbox games to kodi menu?

Bit like adding or accessing android apps.

Thought about creating a game section to my menu....add YouTube links to games I play....fan films etc.. and then maybe a link to load the actual game. Is or would this be possible at all?
I've got to say, with the latest update this alpha is running better for me than any version of Kodi 16, 17, SPMC or other fork I've tried (though all of them mostly on android boxes). 

Congrats on a very solid release even this early.
(2018-03-04, 22:12)mattyspurs76 Wrote: Is it possible to add links to xbox games to kodi menu?

It's possible in theory. but I think it will be added close to beta1
Ok cheers. Something I'd be looking forward too in the future.
I have also noticed a substantial stability increase in Kodi.
March 4th update resulted in Kodi not making it to the second load screen (the space window).

Could someone give me advise on how to troubleshoot?  Or to gather a log?  or view a log on Xbox ?

If I load another profile on Xbox, I can load Kodi successfully again - but of course I have no settings, it's all default.

Have tried everything - don't want to have to re-install.  It was stable for a good month before this.

Any help would be appreciated!
Hello,can you help me with settings on Kodi to play with no problems 4k files?I have xbox one s and my tv is a lg oled..I have connected a hdd on xbox and I can't play nothing with no issues..please help
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6