Files but no Albums
I could find this exact situation, so feel free to point me to the correct thread . . .

After ripping my CDs, the 'album' was pulled from the folder that WMP created and then that 'parent' folder was deleted -- we thought that would streamline things. Apparently we were wrong.

I can only see the albums under 'files', and if I select a song with the iPhone app is does not go on to play the rest of the album.

Is there a tool or steps I can take to correct this, and keep songs on the same album even though guest artists are on a given song (avoid that showing up under different artists).

Thanks in advance!
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
I'm not sure I understand what you have done.

The Kodi music library is based on scanning the tags embedded in the music files, you need to use some tagging software (Picard or Mp3tag amongst many) to tag file with at least artist and album, and then scan your music files into the library. It sounds like you have not done this.

Perhaps reading the guides listed here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2340619 will help you.
DaveBlake - Thanks for the link, I'm going thru that now (picard looks interesting).

What I did was, rip the CDs using Windows Media Player -- but in my infinite wisdom I removed the 'album' folder with all the ripped songs from the 'container' folder that WMP created and stored it in the music library, thinking that would streamline playback. Then I deleted the 'container' folder.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files but no Albums0