Solved Manual upgrade database on MySql
Hello Everybody,

I tried to look for an answer to my issue but could't find anything so here we go:

I have 2 RP2 with OpenElec and so Kodi 14, they use a synched DB on a MySQL Server on a QNAP device..
Now I have to format both RPI and use a new distro called LibreElec which uses Kodi 17 ...

Since I'm not going to perform a kodi update, are there any scripts I can use to manually upgrade KODI DBs from v. 14 to v17?

Thanks!

Simone
I don't know about scripts - I'm not aware of any - and I believe you can't make the immediate jump between those versions without going through at least one interim step (15?).

However, if you have e.g. a Windows laptop around, you could probably install 14 on that, link it to the mysql backend, then simply upgrade it to 15, 16 and then 17 just to be certain. At each step, it'd update the backend db - once done, you can install LE on the Pis and the mysql bit is already there, and then simply remove Kodi from your laptop.

Alternatively, there may be interim OE/LE versions that you can still find, so a repeated upgrade of one of the Pis would do the same:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenELEC

As an aside, to still be on Kodi 14 is a seriously old version of OE, so is there a reason you never upgraded in between? Are you certain you're on Kodi 14 (OE 5.x) and not something less ancient?
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Not that I'm aware of.

Quote:Since I'm not going to perform a kodi update,

Why not?

To be on the safe side, I would upgrade from 14 to 15, then 15 to 16, then 17.
@Prof, I could try the Windows path and see what happen .. I'm pretty sure it's that version, I took a look at the DB naming and I'm having the v.90 for TV Db .. the reason I didn't upgrade it due the the OE project is dead since a long time and I was waiting for the LE to be released with the first official version..

@helta: Cause it's not an open OS with public reps so I don't think I can updated packages which are not updated in their main repo ...

Thanks you both
http://archive.openelec.tv

But the windows route would probably be the easiest.
Just a quick update : I did it

Downloaded old version of Kodi: 14.2, 15, 16, 17 exe files
Installed 14.2 on my Windows PC and linked to the SQL library (advancedsetting.xml)
Upgrade to 15, 16, 17 (the DB Upgrade is not done during the installation but at the first opening of the kodi app)
Formatted the 2 RPi and installed LibreElec with Kodi 17
Linked to the MySQL library

Everything now run smoothly

Thanks for your help!

Simone
Excellent - I'll mark the thread as solved. Glad you got there.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manual upgrade database on MySql0