v17 Video playback skipping beyond end of file on mp4 videos
Question 
Kodi 17.1
OSMC
PI 2

Issue: Video playback skipping beyond end of file on mp4 videos.

The Release Notes indicate that this issue was fixed in Krypton BETA 4. However, I am still experiencing this problem on random .mp4 videos and not all of the time. It seems to only happen on HD videos (720, I don't have any 1080 music videos) and it doesn't seem to happen on SD .mp4 videos.

Setup: I have music video folders on my NAS (Synology) grouped by genre and then artist. I use NFS as the network protocol and I use the genre folder on the NAS as the source. I have created a Playlist with a rule to play the videos from the Path of the folder on my NAS and to play them in a Random fashion.

The setup worked in Kodi 16.

Symptons: When one of the music videos ends (reaches the end-of-file) the screen remains black. When I go back to the OSD (mouse movement) the timer on the lower left will either go back and forth at approximately one second intervals or the timer will continue to increase past the expected play time. If I pause the video the small OSD at the top right will indicate "SEEKING". If I select the "go to the end" symbol ( >>| ) the next video will play.

I am using a modified Confluence skin (for Artist Slideshow) but this phenomenon also occurs on the Estuary skin.

Thanks for your support.
I'm stupid. I had some .mp3 files with the same name as the video .mp4 in the video folder. I guess this caused problems with Kodi.

Example: Blahblah.mp4 & Blahblah.mp3 in the same folder. Geez...

Maybe the case is closed, I dunno.

But then again the problem doesn't appear on Kodi 16 on another platformHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback skipping beyond end of file on mp4 videos0