Smart TV
Hi folks,
I haven't actually bought Kodi yet but looking into it but I have a few questions first.

I have a Highsense Smart TV and wish to use Kodi with this TV but I believe to use Kodi one must first have an App running on the device is this so ?

If I must have an App running or available on the device I wish to use Kodi on where can I get this App and how do I get it on my Highsense Smart TV ?

Or is the only way to use Kodi to stream from a computer or other device to the TV ?
You don't buy kodi, it's free.

If you hisense is android, you should be able to be able to install kodi from the google app store.

If not, you need to buy a computer and plug it into your tv via hdmi. Look in the hardware section of the forum for recommendations.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
HiSense TVs do not run Android so you will need to plug in a device running Kodi via HDMI.

They do have an "Anyview casting" feature, probably a form of UPnP / DLNA, but bizarrely it will only work if the TV is connected over wifi (even if you have it connected over ethernet on your network) so it's not brilliant.

So the recommendation is to use a device plugged directly into your TV. That is the best Kodi experience any way.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart TV0