Enter a playback seek time?
Folks, I've been googling for the last 20 minutes with no results, so my apologies if this is here somewhere!

I just upgraded to Krypton this afternoon, and I've noticed something "missing."

In previous versions, while a video was playing, I could enter a time using the remote (like key sequence 1437 to go to 14:37) to seek directly to a specific point. I can't do that now in Krypton.. digits entered from the remote are ignored.

What am I doing wrong?
Can you be clearer on what exactly you are wanting and how you are doing it? I ask as this area of the code was redone and one of the functions was missed.

Referring to http://kodi.wiki/view/skip_steps#Time_skipping then "Skip to a specific time mark" should still work in v17.0 and "Skip the specified amount" is not working in v17.0, however this has been added back for v17.1.
Hi, jjd-uk!

From what I'm seeing, neither will work (unless there's just no on-screen indication of what's being entered) -- and I suppose, now that I think about it, could be a skin problem -- I'll try again using Estuary.

Previously, during playback, if I typed 1437 on my remote, the first button-press (1) would bring up an on-screen 00:00:01 indication with a 1 in the "Seconds" place, then continuing to type, would end up as 00:14:37 and if I pressed ENTER, would take me to that position.

Now when I type digits, nothing appears on the screen. I never thought to press ENTER "blindly" to see if it did anything.
Ah yes when the code was redone I think the method the Kodi code feeds back to the skin was changed, so indeed go ahead and try doing it blindly, I know for a fact it definitely works with Confluence and Estuary on my system.

Which skin? are you running a Krypton version of it?
This is the change that any skin claiming Krypton compatibility should have adjusted for

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2445179
Running Wanilton's Aeon MQ7 Krypton build... (not an official Kodi skin.)

Thanks for the quick answer!
jjd-uk, confirmed that it does indeed work blindly. I'll reach out to the skin developer to ensure that gets addressed.

Thanks again!
Turns out this may be expected behavior... the skin allows the user to hide the DialogueSeekBar when pause/skip etc are used. Now that random seeks are using the seek bar, it won't display the entered digits.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enter a playback seek time?0