.VOB playback working?
Okay, not sure if this is an 8.04 problem or the current code. As each VOB ends the code stops, buffers, and then plays. At one point it just gave up. This is new behavior so confirmation from others would be good.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
snappz Wrote:If you mean you see a 'window' around XBMC, turn off desktop effects in ubuntu.
System > Preferences > Appearance.
If not excuse me Laugh

I have to say ... I love you. Thanks Smile
BLKMGK Wrote:Okay, not sure if this is an 8.04 problem or the current code. As each VOB ends the code stops, buffers, and then plays. At one point it just gave up. This is new behavior so confirmation from others would be good.

blkmgk,

I am starting to wonder if this is xbmc related or not. I have tried most of the afternoon on a clean hardy install to even get a dvd to play from the server in any application from any user. i have tried VLC, XINE, Kaffeine etc.. none of them want to play a file from a VIDEO_TS folder I can play a .vob from VLC. At least now I can click on movie file and get the playback list aborted error whereas prior it would not even give me that. I have searched all day on google to try and find a fix for even playing a ripped dvd from with 8.04 from smb with no luck, but there are lots of issues to do with dvd playback though. I purged a ton of files and reset medibuntu with still no luck.

At least I have my windows version up and running with the latest build and that is working well. I have full playback and no crashes. I just want to get my gyration remote working properly and I would like MYTH capabilities.

rgds,

Dave
Missed this response, sorry! Right now when I try to play a DVD it does nothing at all, title turns yellow and then a split second later back to white. Not had a chance to grab a log but at least I'm not alone Sad
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
This looks to be FIXED!!! VOB/IFO play fine - including MENUS - and .ISO also appear to be playing including VOB/IFO I converted to ISO which didn't play at all there for awhile. this looks to have been fixed by these changes -> http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...sion=14617 And my sincere thanks to Elupus if this is indeed the case!!! I now do not have to run my XBOX and Linux boxes side by side - w00t! Recent fixes also seemed to get MP3 visualization working - awesome! Snoopy Dance!
ahhhhh! Awesome work if this is fixed. Of course last night my projector decides to completely die so I can't test for a couple days. I can't wait to try it though. Hopefully people post their tests here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.VOB playback working?0