v17 Foreground on playback
Hi,

Is there a way to automatically move Kodi to foreground when the playback starts ?
I use Kore as a remote control on my smartphone to launch movies / tvshows and it would be great if it could switch to Kodi app on playback.
Kodi runs on a Shield TV.

Thank you !
Are you saying you use Kore... on your phone... to control Kodi... on your phone??

Why not just use Kodi?

Or am I misunderstanding what you're asking?
Sorry, I use Kodi on a Shield TV and control it with my smartphone Big Grin

(2017-03-19, 21:30)Mnementh Wrote: Are you saying you use Kore... on your phone... to control Kodi... on your phone??

Why not just use Kodi?

Or am I misunderstanding what you're asking?
So are you saying you want Kore to start Kodi on your tablet when you select something?

I'm not sure if that can even be done on Android though if that is what you're asking I agree it would be a very nice feature to have.

I'd hope Koying or someone else with a lot more knowledge of the android ecosystem pops their head in here with a definitive answer.
I guess it should be possible with some tweaks but I don't know Kodi enough.

Maybe an addon could be aware of Kodi playback and then communicate with Tasker or IFTTT which will put Kodi on foreground.
I found 2 solutions to do that:

1) Create a Task in Tasker to launch Kodi
Use Kodi Callback addon to run script on playback which launches the Tasker task

2) Install Yatse Remote Starter on Android TV and use Yatse remote on smartphone instead of Kore

The second solution is better since you can remotely wake the Shield TV with Yatse.
Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foreground on playback0