Win Issues with Krypton
I have absolutely loved Kodi since installing it last month. I had some issues in the very beginning in that it would lock up my Windows 7 PC upon exiting Kodi, forcing a reboot, but the 17.1 release corrected that. We have been watching movies off my media server and streaming from various add-ons with no problems for a few weeks.

Last week a new problem cropped up that I haven't been able to resolve on my own. When I launch Kodi, I can browse over to the add-ons and begin navigating the available offerings and then suddenly the console will freeze. A few seconds later, the system will display a BSOD and then reboot. The issue appears to be isolated to Kodi, as running Netflix through the web browser does not fail, even with hours of movie watching.

For what it's worth, the system is a Lenovo ThinkCentre M58p (type 6234) with 4 GB RAM running Windows 7.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
debug log (wiki), please - and be careful of those "various add-ons" given our forum rules (wiki) and stance on free content (wiki) - just in case they fall into the "not here" category.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Quote:I can browse over to the add-ons and begin navigating the available offerings and then suddenly the console will freeze.
Try this without any add-ons and I think you'll find that one of those add-ons is the villian here. Running portable mode, and installing add-ons one by one, testing your set-up as you go will bring out the offender.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Krypton1