Time out issues
Sad 
I have experienced this problem on both the android version of Kodi as well as the PC version. I have experienced it with the standard plain install as well as on several modified installs or builds. I have asked and not gotten a logical or understood answer but I will ask again. First of all, I can stream videos from Netflix to my tv through my PC and android with no issues. I can do the same with Serviio, and many other programs that stream both local as well as non-local videos to my tv with zero issues. the only program so far that has any issues is KODI.

The problem I have is, when using KODI either in a custom build or plain, is that the video whether local or streaming from some online service, stops streaming after 15 minutes. I then must reload the file or the video stream, fast forward to the point where the stream stopped, and in another 15 minutes the stream stops again and I must repeat the event all over again.

While others may not have this issue, I do. I cannot see how this is my issue alone as the only program I have the issue with is KODI so the problem has got to be in the KODI software. I need to know how to fix it. I have tried many versions of KODI as well, and the same problem exists on each one. But none of the other programs like plex or any other program used to view videos stored on my PC that I wish to stream to my tv through my android has this issue.Sad
A word of warning. We do not support "modified installs" and "custom builds" or any sort of piracy add-ons. Review the Forum rules (wiki), Piracy policy (wiki) and Banned addons (wiki) pages.

Replicate the issue while producing a Debug log (wiki) and provide a link to it here. Your install must not contain any violating items as illustrated in the above links. If it does we will not provide any support and the thread will be trashed.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
OK for a start we don't support 'custom builds' .

What do you mean 'stream' to your TV? Your kodi machine should be connected to your tv via hdmi. Is it?

Lastly, debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, here is what I did and hopefully what I mean. I installed KODI on my android tablet. my android is directly connected to my TV via HDMI the files I am watching however are on my computer which is connected to the same network as the android. I tied the KODI enabled device to the files on my personal home computer, files I have on DVD and other videos I have recorded on my cameras and such, and that is what I mean by streaming. They are not on the android itself.
(2017-03-24, 22:12)repulsivefrog Wrote: I cannot see how this is my issue alone as the only program I have the issue with is KODI so the problem has got to be in the KODI software.

No, the streaming from online sources problem is not Kodi because Kodi does not provide you with any content whatsoever.

EDIT: For your issue with files on your computer, please post a log file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time out issues0