How to make kodi pick first audio always?
I have bunch of .avi with 2 audio - first mp3/english, second ac3/russian. By default kodi17 picks the second one, and I want it to pick the first one. I tried repacking files and making english audio first - kodi ignores it and plays russian. I tried choosing the language in "preferred audio language" - no effect, even though the files have "Metadata: title: ENG". Disabling "prefer default audio streams" does not help either, feels like ac3 has higher priority over mp3 than anything else.

Is there anyway other than removing unwanted streams from .avi? Thanks.

With .mkv it can be solved by "ffmpeg -disposition 0 -disposition:a:[stream#] default" but this does not work for .avi (no 'default' in the format? do not know).
update: just checked - kodi ignores default stream in mkv as well, picks ac3 anyway Undecided
Not what you are looking for, MKVtoolnix will remove unwanted audio & subs it's very fast

https://mkvtoolnix.download
Did you try setting language preference to "original stream's language"? ISTM one time while doing some testing that resulted in the first audio stream getting selected, regardless of "default" setting in the AV file.

scott s.
(2017-03-25, 23:35)scott967 Wrote: Did you try setting language preference to "original stream's language"? ISTM one time while doing some testing that resulted in the first audio stream getting selected, regardless of "default" setting in the AV file.

I did, no effect. What is the 'original stream' in AVI anyway?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make kodi pick first audio always?0