Using Relative Paths in STRM Files?
Is it possible to use a relative path in a STRM file instead of an absolute path?

I'm trying to index my TV library, and I have a bunch of ISO files. I was hoping to use the STRM file method of pointing to individual playlists within a BD ISO detailed HERE.

My problem is, I'd like to use the path in the STRM file to point to path relative to the STRM file rather than an absolute path (such as the following):

The absolute path (which works):
H:/TV/Quantum Leap/Season 1/Quantum Leap - Season 1 - Disc 1.iso
Hence, the STRM file has the following line:
Quote:udf://H%3a%5cTV%5cQuantum%20Leap%5cSeason%201%5cQuantum%20Leap%20-%20Season%201%20-%20Disc%201.iso/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00003.mpls

What I'd like is a relative path (which doesn't work):
STRM file is H:/TV/Quantum Leap.s01e01.strm
The STRM file would point to a location something like this
udf://./Quantum Leap/Season 1/Quantum Leap - Season 1 - Disc 1.iso/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00003.mpls
or, when URL-encoded, something like...
Quote:udf://.%2FQuantum%20Leap%2FSeason%201%2FQuantum%20Leap%20-%20Season%201%20-%20Disc%201.iso//BDMV/PLAYLIST/00003.mpls

Is this in any way possible? Obviously using ./ isn't working.
A relative path in a .strm file is, as far as I know, not possible.

I'm trying to write a addon that you might find usefull. It does allow relative paths from a .strm file to a bluray iso .mpls file, but needs an extra indexfile.

It allows access to each bluray .mpls in an iso, and make those scrapeable to Kodi (you won't see the "select playback item" any more). It also allows to (virtually) cut a playlist in pieces, useful for those TV-iso's that contain 1 long video for all the episodes.

I made a short youtube video, check it out ( https://youtu.be/IOmNMreRB98 ). It shows some things of what the addon can do atm. This is made on my dev machine, all the movies are run from full iso rips (except the Serenity entry).

Feel free to test it out. But don't expect a polished addon yet. You'll need some knowledge of xml and python (how to run a script) to test it. ATM, it only works on a windows HTPC (iso can be local or on a NAS), and needs a mapped drive as media source (so no nfs://, or smb://, but only Q:\..) if you use a NAS. I expect to release a version soon that will also work with smb:// & nfs:// (iow, it will also work on libreelec and other OS'es).

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280247
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
I actually did come across your posts - they were helpful! I'll be looking for your plugin once you have the new release.

I did try using a PLS file, and that will accept a relative path, but it will only go as far as the ISO file and not into the ISO file.

Even though the example that I posed above was Windows-formatted, my media center is Linux (OSMC). What I did was create a fake use folder (/home/kodi) and then create a symbolic link to the TV directory on each drive (/home/kodi/TV1 points to TV folder on drive 1, /home/kodi/TV2 points to drive 2, etc.). Then, I just made a separate folder on each drive called TVIndex and put that drive's corresponding STRM files in there, each STRM file pointing to the path through the symlink in /home/kodi/.

Now, if I ever want to move the drives to a different Kodi system or copy it to my other media center, I only have to spend 30 seconds creating a couple of symlinks and then scrape the TVIndex folders.

As an aside, has anyone discovered a comparable method for pointing to episodes on DVD ISOs? I have thousand of TV episodes on DVD ISOs and no good way to scrape them without going all MKV...
use episode bookmarks
(2017-03-26, 07:11)Jessica_Olson Wrote: I actually did come across your posts - they were helpful! I'll be looking for your plugin once you have the new release.

I did try using a PLS file, and that will accept a relative path, but it will only go as far as the ISO file and not into the ISO file.

Even though the example that I posed above was Windows-formatted, my media center is Linux (OSMC). What I did was create a fake use folder (/home/kodi) and then create a symbolic link to the TV directory on each drive (/home/kodi/TV1 points to TV folder on drive 1, /home/kodi/TV2 points to drive 2, etc.). Then, I just made a separate folder on each drive called TVIndex and put that drive's corresponding STRM files in there, each STRM file pointing to the path through the symlink in /home/kodi/.

Now, if I ever want to move the drives to a different Kodi system or copy it to my other media center, I only have to spend 30 seconds creating a couple of symlinks and then scrape the TVIndex folders.

As an aside, has anyone discovered a comparable method for pointing to episodes on DVD ISOs? I have thousand of TV episodes on DVD ISOs and no good way to scrape them without going all MKV...

I am glad I'm not the only one wanting bluray iso supportLaugh. Feedback has been scarseConfused.

I don't have any DVD's, just blurays. But like Pantsenu said, I think episode bookmarks work with DVD's (but not with bluray iso's).

I have released a new version. It should work on OSMC.
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Relative Paths in STRM Files?0