• 3(current)
Win Issues with Kodi 17.6 / Leia 18.2 : Calibration Video settings not used on restart
Tested with KodiSetup-20170717-b22184d1de-Krypton-x86 and KodiSetup-20170721-c0b9baf458-master-x86, issue is still present on both.
Quote:I don't understand why this focus on my TV and my first configuration when i've reported that i can reproduce the issue on 2 others totaly different PCs with totally different screens and configurations.
If this happens to other PC's, then you can see the common element is the TV, and you need to set up the TV as the primary display and boot into your desktop and size the screen to fit. Kodi on launch will take that dimension. Use your graphic card driver software to adjust the desktop size (you might need to use a custom overscan tool). A proper debug log might be useful.

If you've added to the bug tracker, what trac#
No, different PC with different screens, there is no common elements, i've tested at home, at work, on a PC friend. Each time it's 100% reproductible, whatever the PC or the screen is or anything is. Yes, indeed there is a common element : It's the Windows version. Otherwise, i don't understand how you can't reproduce it. Until now, on whatever PC i've been able to test, it's always reproducible. Change video calibration settings, exit Kodi, restart Kodi, the settings are lost (or reseted).

You have allready several log files in post #12.
The trac is 17433.
If i've time, i'll add logs file from a PC at work (so, totaly different form home... ^_^).
In fact, it needs 2 files i think. The first file when you configure.
The second file when you restart.
The calibration settings are contained in guisettings.xml. (Which is in userdata (wiki) )

If you exit kodi properly, they should be saved there. If kodi is not exited properly they probably won't be.

So take a look at your guisettings.xml and see if it contains the settings.

Also, you do realise that the calibration settings need to be set for every refresh rate? So if you reboot and the computer changes refresh rate (as windows seems to randomly do) then it'll look like they are back to zero.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Exit is made properly by the menu.
Yes, i know. I don't reboot the computer neither change the frame rate. I just exit Kodi via the Exit command, and restart it.
So, others log files from my PC at work :
Start of Kodi, change the video calibration settings and exit, log file is here.
Then restart of Kodi, settings are reseted (or lost) log file is here.
As I said, take a look at guisettings.xml
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have, but didn't found any tag which look like video calibration setting information.
Where is it exactly ?
I've sampled guisettings.xml, before starting Kodi, while Kodi was running but just after calibration, after exiting Kodi.
After, with WinMerge i've compared the files : The only difference was in the tag systemtotaluptime which incremented of +1.
I've also tried to deleted the file and restart it from scratch, no change.
So, it seems that the video calibration settings are just not saved in the guisettings.xml, at least, on the Windows version.

You can find the guisettings.xml Kodi has generated, after doing a video calibration here.
Yes it is saved, it starts at line 541.

EDIT are you 100% sure you can't turn off overscan on your TV, as that is the proper fix for this!
Ok.
Several test.
If i modify the video calibration settings, the new value are saved, and immediatly used, while i'm not exiting Kodi.
If i exit Kodi and restart, the settings in the files are not lost, but Kodi doesn't care of them.
And when i re-enter in the video calibratoin settings, the position of the cursor are at full screen, not the last position saved in the file.

And i don't agree that turning off the overscan is the proper fix, the proper fix is to configure the overscan in the settings (that what they are here for). And turning off disable several features i need.
You are wrong on that last point, it is a pain in the backside that modern TVs even overscan when it is a solution for a problem that no longer exists.

My linux machine running 17.3 uses the settings next time it starts. For some reason your settings, though saved, aren't being seen on startup.
(2017-07-26, 05:59)nickr Wrote: For some reason your settings, though saved, aren't being seen on startup.
Yes, and this is 100% reproductible on all PCs i've tested, with total different PCs, hardware, screen, at home, at work, laptop, desktop.
But, in all cases, as the topic of the thread says, it's the Windows version. I don't know about the Linux version.
I do have kodi on my work (windows) pc so I will test on that.
I dont know if anybody has suggested this but a very common way to get settings to save for kodi when its not working is to just click the power icon in the bottom left and select exit. This usually gets it to save the settings (even if it does cause kodi to crash on most versions of windows).

Its kind of a archaic method but it actually does work for a lot of things.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Kodi 17.6 / Leia 18.2 : Calibration Video settings not used on restart2