Kodi 17.1 for tvOS AT4?
Any ideas as to when a .deb file will be released for 17.1 for tvOS?
Do people just post these questions without bothering to read anything else in the forum?
I have the same problem. From the normal source where I download it from :

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwin/tvos/

there is a 30.03.2017 Version available, named : kodi-20170206-04876e8-yab-tvos.deb but when I install it into my Apple TV 4 the it is the Kodi 17 version and not the KOdi 17.1

Did you guys maybe uploaded the wrong .deb file ?

Why is it such a pain to find the Apple TV 4 .deb download version ? Why isn't it just at the main Homepage https://kodi.tv/download

where can I find the kodi 17.1 Version for Apple Tv 4
When I start my Apple TV with kodi 17 I get a msg : There is a 17.1 Version available... But where can I get it ?
Since I'm in a helpful mood tonight:

The filename kodi-20170206-04876e8-yab-tvos.deb indicates that it was created on Feb 6th 2017, the date you're referring to is just the date when this build was last uploaded to the server. It's not the date when it was compiled.

I might be wrong here, but I would assume that ATV4 Kodi is using the same version check as the other official platforms. When 17.1 was released officially ATV4 Kodi just read from whatever source it's using that there's a new version available. But this doesn't necessarily mean that the same version is available for ATV4.

Lastly but perhaps most important, Kodi for ATV4 is not officially supported. We can't expect newer builds to be released or any ATV4 specific bug we report to be fixed. All we (ATV4 users) can hope for is that Memphiz et al. doesn't get too tired of the platform and abandon this side project.
Ahh ok this was a very helpful information.

You should pin that on the Top of your Forum, so other users can find that also easy.

Thanx a lot that you were a helpful mood last night. very kind of you.
(2017-04-03, 21:36)manhas Wrote: Since I'm in a helpful mood tonight:

The filename kodi-20170206-04876e8-yab-tvos.deb indicates that it was created on Feb 6th 2017, the date you're referring to is just the date when this build was last uploaded to the server. It's not the date when it was compiled.

I might be wrong here, but I would assume that ATV4 Kodi is using the same version check as the other official platforms. When 17.1 was released officially ATV4 Kodi just read from whatever source it's using that there's a new version available. But this doesn't necessarily mean that the same version is available for ATV4.

Lastly but perhaps most important, Kodi for ATV4 is not officially supported. We can't expect newer builds to be released or any ATV4 specific bug we report to be fixed. All we (ATV4 users) can hope for is that Memphiz et al. doesn't get too tired of the platform and abandon this side project.

beautifully explained ... thx
Installing a .deb is a bad idea for aTV4. You should be installing the ipa within the .deb via appinst if jailbroken or Cydia impactor if not. Yes it may install the first few times this way but eventually it won't. Read post 50 here unless you want to run into issues later:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=279837&page=4
(2017-04-04, 22:59)kuzn Wrote: Installing a .deb is a bad idea for aTV4. You should be installing the ipa within the .deb via appinst if jailbroken or Cydia impactor if not. Yes it may install the first few times this way but eventually it won't. Read post 50 here unless you want to run into issues later:

yes I have a developer ID and my deb file works for 1 year.. so why is it a bad idea ?
(2017-04-05, 11:50)delaware Wrote:
(2017-04-04, 22:59)kuzn Wrote: Installing a .deb is a bad idea for aTV4. You should be installing the ipa within the .deb via appinst if jailbroken or Cydia impactor if not. Yes it may install the first few times this way but eventually it won't. Read post 50 here unless you want to run into issues later:

yes I have a developer ID and my deb file works for 1 year.. so why is it a bad idea ?

I too have been using Kodi for over a year now with my paid developer account.

I have never jailbroken any device to use Kodi and I currently don't use any jailbroken device.

No issues whatsoever.
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
yes it works good
any place ese to find the deb file for atv4?
The download sof all versions are not on the server anymore...
I'll reupload
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 for tvOS AT4?0