Win Complete Uninstall of Kodi So it Can be Reinstalled
I decided to upgrade to 17.1 from 16.1. I uninstalled 16.1 and was hoping to install a fresh 17.1 on my Windows 10 PC. After installing 17.1, it still had things from my other version. So, I decided to try and get rid of them and help with adding new addons. Now I've messed it all up and just want to start from scratch like I did in the first place. I really liked the 16.1 and I do not care for the 17.1. If I could go back to 16.1 with the updates etc., I would have just stayed with it. What do I have to do to get Kodi completely out of my system and start from scratch? I guess I'm looking for an install, not an upgrade. I've had Kodi for 6 months so somethings are still new. I hope this is enough information. Thank you for any and all help.
have to erase the user folder if you want a vanilla fresh install
http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
Peppe
Better is to open windows explorer, type %appdata% in the address bar and find the kodi folder in the folder that will open. Rename or delete that kodi folder and next time you start Kodi it will be completely reset.

That's for a downloaded install. If you're using the windows store then replace %appdata% with
%localappdata%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming

The userdata (wiki) folder is one of the sub folders in the, but there are others. For a completely clean start the kodi folder and everything in it should be removed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
you are right Darren!
Thanks for the help so far. I will dive into it when I get home from work this evening.

Thanks again!
Got it taken care of. Thank you for your help, peppe and Darrin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Complete Uninstall of Kodi So it Can be Reinstalled1