Compile error: ripogg.c
Hey,

Is anyone else having problems compiling the latest SVN revision 11621?
The error I'm receiving is:
Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/danish/Development/XBMC'
g++ -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -o XboxMediaCenter xbmc/*.o xbmc/settings/*.o xbmc/cdrip/*.o guilib/*.o guilib/tinyXML/*.o guilib/common/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/visualizations/*.o xbmc/screensavers/*.o xbmc/cores/*.o xbmc/cores/paplayer/*.o xbmc/linux/*.o xbmc/lib/sqLite/*.o xbmc/lib/libscrobbler/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/*.o xbmc/xbox/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/*.o xbmc/utils/*.o xbmc/lib/UnrarXLib/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/libspucc/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/libGoAheadD-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXBMS/libxbms-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libUPnP/libupnp-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libRTV/librtv-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-i486-linux.a -lmms -lXrandr -lrt -lasound -lsqlite3 -lsmbclient -llzo2 -lfribidi -lfreetype -ldl -lcdio -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL -ltre -lmad -lXinerama -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL  -rdynamic
xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a(ripogg.o): In function `vorbis_process':
ripogg.c:(.text+0xed): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_pagein'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x133): undefined reference to `vorbis_synthesis_headerin'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x17b): undefined reference to `ogg_page_granulepos'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x197): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_packetpeek'
ripogg.c:(.text+0xd12): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_packetout'
ripogg.c:(.text+0xd2f): undefined reference to `ogg_page_granulepos'
xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a(ripogg.o): In function `vorbis_end':
ripogg.c:(.text+0xf04): undefined reference to `vorbis_comment_clear'
ripogg.c:(.text+0xf0f): undefined reference to `vorbis_info_clear'
xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a(ripogg.o): In function `process_other':
ripogg.c:(.text+0xf46): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_pagein'
ripogg.c:(.text+0xf5b): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_packetout'
xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a(ripogg.o): In function `free_stream_set':
ripogg.c:(.text+0x100d): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_clear'
xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a(ripogg.o): In function `vorbis_start':
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1132): undefined reference to `vorbis_comment_init'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x113d): undefined reference to `vorbis_info_init'
xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a(ripogg.o): In function `find_stream_processor':
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1152): undefined reference to `ogg_page_serialno'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x11f6): undefined reference to `ogg_page_bos'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1209): undefined reference to `ogg_page_eos'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1328): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_init'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x133d): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_pagein'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1352): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_packetout'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1437): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_packetout'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1464): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_clear'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1479): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_init'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1484): undefined reference to `ogg_page_bos'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1497): undefined reference to `ogg_page_eos'
xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a(ripogg.o): In function `rip_ogg_process_chunk':
ripogg.c:(.text+0x152d): undefined reference to `ogg_sync_buffer'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1553): undefined reference to `ogg_sync_wrote'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1567): undefined reference to `ogg_sync_pageout'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x15c1): undefined reference to `ogg_page_bos'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x15d5): undefined reference to `ogg_page_serialno'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x15e5): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_init'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x15f9): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_pagein'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x160c): undefined reference to `ogg_stream_packetout'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x169e): undefined reference to `ogg_page_eos'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1707): undefined reference to `ogg_page_bos'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x1853): undefined reference to `ogg_page_eos'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x18bc): undefined reference to `ogg_page_eos'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x18ca): undefined reference to `ogg_page_bos'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x18d8): undefined reference to `ogg_page_pageno'
ripogg.c:(.text+0x18e6): undefined reference to `ogg_page_serialno'
xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a(ripogg.o): In function `rip_ogg_init':
ripogg.c:(.text+0x19fc): undefined reference to `ogg_sync_init'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [XboxMediaCenter] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/danish/Development/XBMC'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm running libogg 1.1.3 and libvorbis 1.2.0 (both latest) on a Gentoo system.
This is occuring on both a new system I'm putting together for XBMC and an old laptop that had a previously working version on it.
Is it just broken code in SVN at the moment?

Thanks Smile
I'm getting that too but I am running Hardy Heron (Alpha 4) . It works fine on Gutsy GIbbon though.
Version 11600 I think is the last to compile on Hardy.
Just downloaded 11623 and "configure" wined so i had to install libmad0-dev and libtre-dev. But after i did that it built with no errors...
Xubuntu 7.10
I'm getting the same issues on gentoo. I installed libtre, I will have to check on libmad0. Let me know if you find anything.
1) Install all packages related to libogg and vorbis-tools.
2) run "svn update"
3) run configure
4) open the Makefile and append "-logg -lvorbis" to the LIBS line.
5) run "make"
6) run "build.sh NOUPDATE NOCOMPILE"

Tested as working with gentoo, should work fine for anyone with the same errors. This will have to do until the build chain is fixed properly. I don't have the autotools skills to do it myself.
Ah thanks for that, works like a charm Smile
But the fix doesn't work as expected for me on Kubuntu Hardy Alpha 4. I have libogg and vorbis-tools installed. I do get a different error after altering the Makefile.
I'm getting the following error while running make...

Code:
g++ -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -o XboxMediaCenter xbmc/*.o xbmc/settings/*.o xbmc/cdrip/*.o guilib/*.o guilib/tinyXML/*.o guilib/common/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/FileSystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/*.o xbmc/visualizations/*.o xbmc/screensavers/*.o xbmc/cores/*.o xbmc/cores/paplayer/*.o xbmc/linux/*.o xbmc/lib/sqLite/*.o xbmc/lib/libscrobbler/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/*.o xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/*.o xbmc/xbox/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/*.o xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/*.o xbmc/utils/*.o xbmc/lib/UnrarXLib/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/*.o xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/libspucc/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/*.o xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/*.o xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/libGoAheadD-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXBMS/libxbms-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libUPnP/libupnp-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libRTV/librtv-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-i486-linux.a -lmms -lXrandr -lrt -lasound -lsqlite3 -lsmbclient -llzo2 -lfribidi -lfreetype -ldl -lcdio -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL -ltre -lmad -lXinerama -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL -logg -lvorbis -rdynamic
xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/controlprogress.o: In function `ControlProgress_Create':
/home/bram/Programs/XBMC/xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/controlprogress.cpp:91: undefined reference to `CGUIProgressControl::CGUIProgressControl(unsigned long, unsigned long, float, float, float, float, CImage const&, CImage const&, CImage const&, CImage const&, CImage const&, float, float)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [XboxMediaCenter] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bram/Programs/XBMC'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
There is no "edit" button in my post?....

I'm using revision 11629 b.t.w.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
That's on your end.
Do a "make distclean" then start over.
Fantastic! Thanks for the fast response. I should have guessed that.

althekiller Wrote:1) Install all packages related to libogg and vorbis-tools.
2) run "svn update"
3) run configure
4) open the Makefile and append "-logg -lvorbis" to the LIBS line.
5) run "make"
6) run "build.sh NOUPDATE NOCOMPILE"

Tested as working with gentoo, should work fine for anyone with the same errors. This will have to do until the build chain is fixed properly. I don't have the autotools skills to do it myself.
Thanks heaps, that worked Smile
Works in Hardy Alpha4 too.
Thanks!
I'm using Hardy Alpha 4 to Wink

This should be fixed now in trunk.
it works for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile error: ripogg.c0