• 8(current)
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)
lingenfr_xbmc Wrote:Did I understand that you have added buttons for elepus myth project?

I loaded the latest AEON from his website last night and the latest version of you mod. I agree with others, it is pretty spiffy. I did not see anything different with respect to livetv, etc. I also had a hard time reading the small print. I want to play with it some more as I agree it has great potential. Please put a livetv button on the main page.
lingenfr_xbmc Wrote:I loaded the latest AEON from his website last night and the latest version of you mod. I agree with others, it is pretty spiffy. I did not see anything different with respect to livetv, etc. I also had a hard time reading the small print. I want to play with it some more as I agree it has great potential. Please put a livetv button on the main page.

There is a livetv button on the homescreen. You just have to enable it in the aeon settings menu. A bit of searching or reading of the changelog in the mod would have shown that. Glad you like it though. Cheers.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:There is a livetv button on the homescreen. You just have to enable it in the aeon settings menu. A bit of searching or reading of the changelog in the mod would have shown that. Glad you like it though. Cheers.

Thanks for the help. Scolding deserved. I did search before I posted, but I missed the note in the changelog. The fonts in the sub menus are a bit small. I am still searching, but I checked the normal place in settings and xephyr is the only font selection. Thanks again.
Am I missing something on enabling fanart with thor's mod? I can't seem to get it working.
Nevermind. Pardon me for being a big fat tard.
hello i wanted to ask shortly how big are your dvd covers/posters? thanks for your hard work on the mods!! keep it up!
how do i install the mod?

i downloaded Aeon9a from aeonismine.com
i downloaded the mod2.1

now what?
Extract them both and then copy/overwrite all the mod files to the AEON folder.
Hitcher Wrote:Extract them both and then copy/overwrite all the mod files to the AEON folder.

or do like I did and make a copy of the AEON folder and rename it something like AEON Thor Mod and then drop the mod files in there. That way if he doesn't like the mod or wants the option of flipping back and forth he can.
thats what i did....but the theme is greyed out in the selection menu.

i downloaded Aeon9a and uncompressed the folder.
i took the Aeon folder and duplicated it.
Now i have Aeon folder, and Aeon Mod folder.

i downloaded the 2.1 mod and uncompressed it.
i deleted the changelog.txt
i copppied the contents of the media folder (all .png's) and placed them into the media folder of Aeon Mod and kept the original textures file in there.

i then coppied the pal and pal 16x9 contents into their respective folders...overwriting any file that it was replacing.

when i go o the selection menu for skins....Aeon Mod is greyed out, but Aeon works fine.

btw...im on a mac in case that matters....thought it shouldnt because you are not saying to "build" the skin.
Maybe this has been done and I can't figure out how to enable it, but is there any way to make a button or keymap so that when you are viewing a movie, you don't have to hit the white button, then movie information in order to view the trailer? It would be really nice to be able to either select a "Play Trailer" option or keymap a button to automatically launch the IMDB scraper trailer for the highlighted feature. I'll admit that I'm just diving into the realm of configuring XBMC, so I apologize if this is something that is easy and quite obvious.
benderbends Wrote:thats what i did....but the theme is greyed out in the selection menu.

i downloaded Aeon9a and uncompressed the folder.
i took the Aeon folder and duplicated it.
Now i have Aeon folder, and Aeon Mod folder.

i downloaded the 2.1 mod and uncompressed it.
i deleted the changelog.txt
i copppied the contents of the media folder (all .png's) and placed them into the media folder of Aeon Mod and kept the original textures file in there.

i then coppied the pal and pal 16x9 contents into their respective folders...overwriting any file that it was replacing.

when i go o the selection menu for skins....Aeon Mod is greyed out, but Aeon works fine.

btw...im on a mac in case that matters....thought it shouldnt because you are not saying to "build" the skin.

Don't quite know what to tell you. Although you are over complicating it just a bit.

1. uncompress the mod file and you should get a folder called aeon, but lets just call it mod to make things a bit more clear.

2. duplicate the Aeon folder in your skin folder and name it whatever you want (lets use Aeon Thor)

3. Finally just drop the contents of the mod folder (it should contain media, PAL, and PAL16x9 folders) into your Aeon Thor folder and just say yes to any files that it wants to overwrite.

You don't need to copy the contents of each folder one by one, just drop all of the folders in and you are done. I can't speak for mac, since I'm using the linux version, but like you said it shouldn't matter. I actually just redid mine and worked fine for me. Good luck and let us know if you get it to work.
bugman72 Wrote:Maybe this has been done and I can't figure out how to enable it, but is there any way to make a button or keymap so that when you are viewing a movie, you don't have to hit the white button, then movie information in order to view the trailer? It would be really nice to be able to either select a "Play Trailer" option or keymap a button to automatically launch the IMDB scraper trailer for the highlighted feature. I'll admit that I'm just diving into the realm of configuring XBMC, so I apologize if this is something that is easy and quite obvious.

Shouldn't be too hard. Look through the xbmc wiki on the section for adding a button. IMHO you would be best adding it to the bar across the top that lets you choose between library, views, etc. You would probably want to add a conditional visibility to it so it is only visible when browsing movies. Or you could edit keymap.xml and code a button to do the same procedure. I don't actually remember of the top of my head what the line of code is that calls trailers but a search of the changelog or a look at the videoinfodialog.xml in my mod will point you in the right direction.
xeonicxpression Wrote:Don't quite know what to tell you. Although you are over complicating it just a bit.

1. uncompress the mod file and you should get a folder called aeon, but lets just call it mod to make things a bit more clear.

2. duplicate the Aeon folder in your skin folder and name it whatever you want (lets use Aeon Thor)

3. Finally just drop the contents of the mod folder (it should contain media, PAL, and PAL16x9 folders) into your Aeon Thor folder and just say yes to any files that it wants to overwrite.

You don't need to copy the contents of each folder one by one, just drop all of the folders in and you are done. I can't speak for mac, since I'm using the linux version, but like you said it shouldn't matter. I actually just redid mine and worked fine for me. Good luck and let us know if you get it to work.

i just did that and it still has the Aeon Thor option greyed out.
i dont know why for the life of me that this isnt working.

can someone post the "FULL" Aeon Thor skin on rapidshare so i can download a full skin that should work. then i can compare to see why mine us not working....or maybe it is some wierd connection to the mac.
Benderbends, I think the problem is that when you overwrite a folder on a mac, it doesn't merge the files, it just overwrites the old folder with the new one. So, when you moved those folders, you lost a bunch of xmls and the textures.xpr and maybe some other stuff. Go back and compare those 3 folders in your Aeon and Aeon Thor Mod (or whatever you called yours) and copy over any files from the originals that aren't in your modded version. Worked for me just now when I was having the same problem.

Another vagary of the mac is that when I registered just now, I ended up naming myself jessenoonan@mac, cause I didn't notice Safari trying to autocomplete the field. And now my name is... dorkier than I had intended... oh well.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)0