• 9(current)
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)
jessenoonan@mac Wrote:Benderbends, I think the problem is that when you overwrite a folder on a mac, it doesn't merge the files, it just overwrites the old folder with the new one. So, when you moved those folders, you lost a bunch of xmls and the textures.xpr and maybe some other stuff. Go back and compare those 3 folders in your Aeon and Aeon Thor Mod (or whatever you called yours) and copy over any files from the originals that aren't in your modded version. Worked for me just now when I was having the same problem.

Another vagary of the mac is that when I registered just now, I ended up naming myself jessenoonan@mac, cause I didn't notice Safari trying to autocomplete the field. And now my name is... dorkier than I had intended... oh well.

thats what i did in the first method, copying only the contents of the media / PAL / PAL16X9 folders into their respective folders. but both options give me a greyed out selection. Sad

i REALLY want to use this theme, but cant get it working.

Please can someone upload a FULL modded theme?
Not sure whether this is related to this Mod or not, but when you choose to delete a recording the filename is overlayed over some other text so it's really hard to read. I think it needs to be moved to the right of whatever text it is being overlaid.

Also, when deleting it seems to just display the actual filename on disk, which doesn't really mean much. Is there anyway it can display the name as it appears in the Recording section? I just deleted the wrong thing and aren't sure how as I'm almost positive the correct thing was highlighted in the list.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Shouldn't be too hard. Look through the xbmc wiki on the section for adding a button. IMHO you would be best adding it to the bar across the top that lets you choose between library, views, etc. You would probably want to add a conditional visibility to it so it is only visible when browsing movies. Or you could edit keymap.xml and code a button to do the same procedure. I don't actually remember of the top of my head what the line of code is that calls trailers but a search of the changelog or a look at the videoinfodialog.xml in my mod will point you in the right direction.

Ideally, that is what I want to do (button) instead of a keymap. I'm just not familiar enough with how to customize the GUI. I did a bit of looking around on the WIKI but the "Add Button" section doesn't seem to be complete. I would love to learn how to do this, but without a good how-to, I'm stuck Confused I've also tried to find the videoinfodialog.xml file from your mod file and can't find it in any of the directories. I looked at the original mod file as well as the 2.1 version.

Sorry if I seem like an idiot. I haven't gotten into much coding in the past and I'm just not sure where to start.
Oops, I listed it wrong. It is dialogvideoinfo.xml That should have the code for movie trailers. As far as learning to skin just start where I did. Open some skin files with a text editor and start tinkering. Increase/decrease a few values and see what happens. Once you have a *basic* knowledge of how the thing works you can get more ambitious. Anytime you hit a wall a search of the wiki or forums will usually answer your question. Cheers.
I think I've found the code, but don't want to clutter up this thread with my questions. Would it be OK if I were to either PM you or email you?
Thor, you seem to be the best person to ask....

What needs to be changed if I wanted to move the weather to the top left of the main screen and the main scroll bar to the bottom? Being in the centre ruins quite a few of the wallpapers. Maybe if it was a bit more transparent it'd better?
The photorealistic backdrop images I created specifically for the Aeon skin have now been released.

The series of backdrop images includes one specifically for Live TV.

For screenshots and download information go to http://www.teirney.net/blog/2008/05/21/p...-released/
Nice one! Thanks dteirney Wink
The brand new ALPHA10 version of the Aeon skin has just been released. I haven't installed it yet because I'm pretty sure the aeonmod for LiveTV will be broken.

Rand Al Thor, are you planning on migrating the LiveTV changes for the new version of the Aeon skinHuh
Nope. I am now working on a skin of my own It will have some Aeonish features (as well as some fusion, backrow, vison2ish features). I won't give a release date because I am pretty swamped right now and I can't work on it nearly as much as I would like.
@rand Al Thor
If you've have a look at the ALPHA10 release, do you have any advice on the simplest way to be able to play Myth TV content?

For the moment I'd be happy with a way to launch from the home page, the ability to play recordings and to then delete them. That will keep the WAF high.

I thought about hijacking the Clips menu entry, but I couldn't get the top level Live TV, Guide and Recordings entries to show (it's possible there's a problem with Clips as someone else posted that they were having problems with normal videos).

If djh is working on the new version of Aeon, and you're working on a new skin I'd rather not be stuck using something that isn't going forward when such great stuff is being added to XBMC.

Any rough timeframe for when the skin you're working on will be available so I know whether to look more into hacking something together myself in Aeon, e.g. months, weeks? I'm assuming there will be native support for Myth TV?
I don't know if this is fully worthy of adding to this thread, but I figured that since it is a MOD to AEON, I'd throw it out there. As some of you may have read, I've been trying to figure out how to add a dedicated button to the Movie Library to view the scraped trailer from IMDB. After some trudging, I finally have a finished product that I like. While this might not be that difficult to do for most, this was my first attempt at modding a skin.

So, without further ado, here is the code to add a "Trailer" button to the top menu when viewing a library title. There is no longer a need to go into the Movie Information screen to be able to see the trailer button and all that is required is to highlight the title desired and then move to the top menu.

AEON Trailer Button
bugman72 Wrote:AEON Trailer Button
Have you tested this with the latest Aeon Alpha 10 build?
dteirney Wrote:@rand Al Thor
If you've have a look at the ALPHA10 release, do you have any advice on the simplest way to be able to play Myth TV content?

For the moment I'd be happy with a way to launch from the home page, the ability to play recordings and to then delete them. That will keep the WAF high.

I thought about hijacking the Clips menu entry, but I couldn't get the top level Live TV, Guide and Recordings entries to show (it's possible there's a problem with Clips as someone else posted that they were having problems with normal videos).

If djh is working on the new version of Aeon, and you're working on a new skin I'd rather not be stuck using something that isn't going forward when such great stuff is being added to XBMC.

Any rough timeframe for when the skin you're working on will be available so I know whether to look more into hacking something together myself in Aeon, e.g. months, weeks? I'm assuming there will be native support for Myth TV?

You seem to be on the right track. You can easily change the name of one of the existing buttons (clips is a good choice as it links to "files" view) in the homescrollers.xml. If there is a problem with the views associated with clips though you might want to wait for the fix djh has talked about for later today before you try anything else. That should at least give you a working myth/livetv button on the homepage. As for finding a myth specific view that will work for you that is another story. If non of djh's default views will work for you specific needs you will have some work to do. Adding/changing views conditionally is much more complicated and involved than changing a homescroller button. Honestly, if you are so happy with the alpha9 mod why don't you just keep using that? I know djh has released a new version but from what I have seen there aren't any showstoping new features. Mostly just 1080 textures. Is the difference that noticeable?

As for my skin. It will be mainly for linux/windows users. I do not say this to exclude anyone but unfortunately some of the things that I want out of the skin will be too much for the good old xbox. It *might* work fine on the xbox but I am not going to go out of my way to make it compatible considering I only use the Linux and windows builds currently. To answer your question. Yes, it will have myth specific views.

As for a release date I am *hoping* for a late summer release. Don't count on it though. I want to wait to see what comes of the epg summer of code project so that I can include that in the skin as well. Hopefully, this will open up possibilities for xbmc to interface with other programs besides just myth. I would also like to design a matching webskin. Most importantly though I have a ton of coding to do and not a lot of free time. This skin is going to be first and foremost for my own purposes. I will not compromise on anything. My goal is to have a ui that is easy enough for my elderly relatives to use having never used it before and to design something that visually would not look out of place in an upscale museum/art gallery. I will not add any features that I feel "cheapen" the look of the ui. Which means, don't expect a flashy skin with glowing, blinking buttons or provocative background images. I also won't add any features that I won't personally use.

I guess that sums it up for now. Feel free to post questions and ideas but again don't be upset if your feature/request doesn't make it into the skin.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Honestly, if you are so happy with the alpha9 mod why don't you just keep using that?

Might be a problem if he's deleted it, unless it's available elsewhere.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON Skin Mods/Themes (unofficial modifications to the AEON skin)0