• 34(current)
TvOS Kodi Build
(2020-01-14, 17:07)sasagr Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 03:36)Fuzzard Wrote: First nightly fired off yesterday

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/darwin/tvos/

For some reason I signed it with appsigner, side loaded with Xcode and got some entitlement error. Is there any special procedure for signing it, like ignore plugin folder...?

Sorry. False alarm. Tried again and worked. Big thanks
"ignore plugin folder" should be used if you first sign top shelf extension with its own provisioning profile and entitlements
I have not been able to get appsigner to provision the deb file (Codesigning error). Is there any particular version of MacOS/XCode I should be using for this? I currently have the latest versions of both (macOS 10.15.2, Xcode 11.3). I have assured any older certificates were removed from my keychain and cannot think of anything else to try.
macOS and Xcode versions don't really matter, you just have to use proper development certificate and provisioning profile for signing. Without further info on these we can't really say what you're doing wrong.
App signer works ok, with both new (xcode 11) and old (=<xcode 10) certs. Have just been able to double check all this. Sign the topshelf appex inside the ipa (plugins/kodi-topshelf.appex) first using your topshelf provisioning profile, and then sign the ipa app using the app provisioning profile and select "ignore plugins folder".

For those doing full builds:

I had issues with xcode 11 doing full builds with the new certs, but ive spent a bit of time rechecking my certs/profiles, and can confirm that xcode 11 (and new dev certs) work fine without any code changes.

My example cmakebuildsys call is

cpp:
make -C tools/depends/target/cmakebuildsys CMAKE_EXTRA_ARGUMENTS="-DPLATFORM_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER='net.domain.kodi' -DDEVELOPMENT_TEAM='X1XX123X1X' -DPROVISIONING_PROFILE_APP='net.domain.kodi - xcode 11' -DPROVISIONING_PROFILE_TOPSHELF='net.domain.kodi.topshelf - xcode 11'" 

Note the profiles were made in dev portal and called what i have above, one for each app and topshelf, with the group added for "net.domain.kodi". Certificate was made with the "For use in Xcode 11 or later" setup. Development Team ID can be found via Keychain Access, find your developer cert, right click get info and then "Organisational Unit". Should also be the text string in the cert name "Apple Development: Team Name (teamid)"

Didnt have to remove any existing xcode 10 profile/certs to have it work.

Do note, when i didnt provide any cmake arguments, and then tried to allow xcode 11 to "automatically manage signing" i always had trouble, and it wouldnt work. Your mileage may vary though.
(2020-01-13, 21:21)Fuzzard Wrote:
(2020-01-13, 19:08)Boydford Wrote: New build signed and running! Does anyone know if this build now contains frame and colour space matching?

It does not  
Is there any chance of adding that again? I recall the old 17.6 builds in 2018 by Memphiz had that.
Apart from this thank you so much for the incredible work so far. Running fine on two Apple TVs with the latest deb from today. Smile
It's on the to-do list. Busy time at work ATM unfortunately
Hello, team,

Thank you that the development continues for the AppleTV platform. You are doing a really good job.

I have now tested the nightly master-tos.debs of the last days. They work really well. But I also found a few small "bugs" that I would like to document.

1. No GUI Sound is played regardless of the selection of the Sound option or the Sound GUI.

2. in the master-twos.deb of the following days (2020-Jan-12 09:55, 2020-Jan-13 06:26,2020-Jan-15 04:06) e.g. a Logitech remote control supports the long keystroke of the "OK" button to open the context menu e.g. in the display of a series-episode with the listing of the single episodes. Here I have added different selections to mark as watched etc. 

With the newer master-tos.debs (2020-Jan-16 04:57, 2020-Jan-18 04:05, 2020-Jan-20 07:06) the long keystroke of the "OK-Button" opens the information view for the single series episode.

3. With the PVR addon/client of enigma2 often only a sound connection takes place after selecting the TV channel but the TV picture is not switched to the front but the Kodi menu of the adons remains in the foreground.

I hope you have the opportunity to reproduce these small bugs and fix them if necessary.

Best regards and keep up the good work, you are doing a top job
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
Hello, team,

Thank you that the development continues for the AppleTV platform. You are doing a really good job.

I have now tested the nightly master-tos.debs of the last days. They work really well. But I also found a few small "bugs" that I would like to document.

1. No GUI Sound is played regardless of the selection of the Sound option or the Sound GUI.

2. in the master-twos.deb of the following days (2020-Jan-12 09:55, 2020-Jan-13 06:26,2020-Jan-15 04:06) e.g. a Logitech remote control supports the long keystroke of the "OK" button to open the context menu e.g. in the display of a series-episode with the listing of the single episodes. Here I have added different selections to mark as watched etc. 

With the newer master-tos.debs (2020-Jan-16 04:57, 2020-Jan-18 04:05, 2020-Jan-20 07:06) the long keystroke of the "OK-Button" opens the information view for the single series episode.

3. With the PVR addon/client of enigma2 often only a sound connection takes place after selecting the TV channel but the TV picture is not switched to the front but the Kodi menu of the adons remains in the foreground.

I hope you have the opportunity to reproduce these small bugs and fix them if necessary.

One question I forgot to ask, is HDR already supported in the releases?

Best regards and keep up the good work, you are doing a top job
No GUI sounds is just how Kodi handles remotes. This probably won't change, at least not in the short term.

As for 2, we use a different keymap to what memphiz had. The custom controller.siri.xml file needs to be changed to whatever you want. As for how to change that easily, I don't have anything offhand.

No idea about the 3rd one sorry. I don't have/use enigma, so can't really test it to try and debug. Maybe a debug log would be helpful.
Just curious, does this mean that there’s no way to access context menu with the current build? Isn’t it more important than info view, as you can access info view via context menu?
(2020-01-20, 19:27)guibaa Wrote: Hello, team,

Maybe that‘s the same problem the Kodi 17 build by Memphiz was facing some time ago? If I remember right, HW decoding of interlaced content was not possible so Memphiz (or somebody else) implemented a workaround to force SW decoding for that (the device has enough power for that)
(2020-01-22, 18:26)horstepipe Wrote:

Maybe that‘s the same problem the Kodi 17 build by Memphiz was facing some time ago? If I remember right, HW decoding of interlaced content was not possible so Memphiz (or somebody else) implemented a workaround to force SW decoding for that (the device has enough power for that) 
I have this issue too with Live TV channels (TVHeadend PVR in my case) but after 5-10 seconds the picture comes and I have no problem to watch TV.

And yes, IIRC there is no HW decoding of intrelaced content. I had issue with ATV4 with intrelaced content (CPU no enough powerful), but no problem with the ATV4K ;-)
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2020-01-22, 18:21)horstepipe Wrote: Just curious, does this mean that there’s no way to access context menu with the current build? Isn’t it more important than info view, as you can access info view via context menu?

doesn't long press work for you?
(2020-01-22, 18:52)sy6sy2 Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 18:26)horstepipe Wrote:

I have this issue too with Live TV channels (TVHeadend PVR in my case) but after 5-10 seconds the picture comes and I have no problem to watch TV.

And yes, IIRC there is no HW decoding of intrelaced content. I had issue with ATV4 with intrelaced content (CPU no enough powerful), but no problem with the ATV4K ;-) 
I use a ATV4K, I think it is exactly the problem what horstepipe describes.

In Germany the contents of the public/legal programs (non-interlaced) HD+SD can be displayed without problems and the picture is visible after about 5 sec.

With all private channels (interlaced) like SAT1 HD / rtl HD / ProSieben HD / SKY HD channels etc. there is no switching through of the picture, only the sound is switched through. Whereby the private SD channels work perfectly.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvOS Kodi Build3