• 61(current)
Deprecated PS Vue
@clones I use the hdhomerun pvr client and the simple IPTV pvr client. In Kodi when both are enabled the built in pvr guide will load both. In the pvr client settings you can set the channel numbers and such.
(2018-05-25, 06:38)snoopyjoe Wrote: @clones I use the hdhomerun pvr client and the simple IPTV pvr client. In Kodi when both are enabled the built in pvr guide will load both. In the pvr client settings you can set the channel numbers and such.
Thank you Snoopy. I am playing around with changing the channel numbers in the guide. Is there a way to the channel number without moving it up & down in the channel list?

Do you also use the ps vue record add on?
(2018-05-25, 03:58)jamieb122 Wrote: @mikefreeman 

Try to run 

/home/mikeniki/PSVueProxy/pipe.sh "http://127.0.0.1:54321/psvue?params=https%3A//media-framework.totsuko.tv/media-framework/media/v2.1/stream/channel/25151" | ffplay -i -

in a terminal.  Does it start to play in ffplay?

Also what version of TVHeadend server are you running?
@jamieb122 Running ffplay with the above command, I get:
Quote:WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-NmuN0A/pkcs11: No such file or directory
ffplay version 0.10.12-7:0.10.12-1~precise1 Copyright © 2003-2014 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Apr 26 2014 09:49:36 with gcc 4.6.3
  configuration: --arch=amd64 --disable-stripping --enable-pthreads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --extra-version='7:0.10.12-1~precise1' --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --enable-bzlib --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libfreetype --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencv --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libpulse --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-zlib --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libcdio --enable-x11grab --enable-libx264 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-shared --disable-static
  avcodec     configuration: --arch=amd64 --disable-stripping --enable-pthreads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --extra-version='7:0.10.12-1~precise1' --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --enable-bzlib --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libfreetype --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencv --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libpulse --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-zlib --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libcdio --enable-x11grab --enable-libx264 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-shared --disable-static --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc
  libavutil      51. 35.100 / 51. 35.100
  libavcodec     53. 61.100 / 53. 61.100
  libavformat    53. 32.100 / 53. 32.100
  libavdevice    53.  4.100 / 53.  4.100
  libavfilter     2. 61.100 /  2. 61.100
  libswscale      2.  1.100 /  2.  1.100
  libswresample   0.  6.100 /  0.  6.100
  libpostproc    52.  0.100 / 52.  0.100
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-NmuN0A/pkcs11: No such file or directory
pipe:: Invalid data found when processing input

Nothing else happens, so it doesn't start in ffplay. The only thing unusual I can see there is the gnome-keyring warning and the Invalid data found error in the pipe.

The version of tvheadend that I'm using is 4.2.2-10~g0aa08ae (from the About tab).
Try to run this, and then run the command I gave you before.  This will eliminate the gnome-keyring as being the culprit:

Code:
/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --components=pkcs11
@jamieb122 

Running that gives me:
** Message: couldn't access conrol socket: /tmp/keyring-aS5hsn/control: No such file or directory
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/tmp/keyring-HHTvsX
GNOME_KEYRING_PID=13878

And when I try the ffplay command, I still get the gnome-keyring error. I'll do some Googling for that one, and see what else I can come up with.
Ok. I got the gnome-keyring error resolved (involving adding some things to pam.d files -- very exciting stuff). However, even with the keyring warning gone, I'm still getting the Invalid data error in the ffplay command. So that wasn't it.
go open that pipe.sh file and take out the part that says "pipe:1" at the end

Then re-run the command but *without* the "| ffplay" part.  This should start to save the video file as a .mp4 to your desktop.

Try to do that (try to run once or twice) and then try to open the file in VLC.  Does that work?
@clones in the Kodi pvr settings you can tell it to use the channel order and numbers from the backend. That will use the order or numbers from the pvr clients.

Mine is setup so the client channel order is used but Kodi handles the numbers. Hdhomerun is first then IPTV simple is second. In the IPTV simple pvr settings I told it to start the numbers where hdhomerun left off. So if hdhomerun has 28 channels then the first psvue channel will start at 29. All the hdhomerun channels are in order followed by all the psvue channels are in order.
(2018-05-26, 02:18)jamieb122 Wrote: go open that pipe.sh file and take out the part that says "pipe:1" at the end

Then re-run the command but *without* the "| ffplay" part.  This should start to save the video file as a .mp4 to your desktop.

Try to do that (try to run once or twice) and then try to open the file in VLC.  Does that work?
 Ok, I just did this. The command dropped me immediately back to the command prompt, and I could not find any .mp4 files anywhere on my desktop, in my home folder, or in the PSVueProxy folder. I'm assuming it couldn't continue for some reason, but it didn't give me any errors or any other feedback.

One thought: I noticed that the pipe.sh file used the ffmpeg command. For the version of Linux Mint I'm currently using on my server, Ubuntu did not use the "real" ffmpeg. They used the libav version of it, which was really terrible to use, and seemed to mess up a lot of video projects I was working on at the time. Could this be part of the problem?
@mikefreeman it definitely could be

Open pipe.sh, and remove the loglevel fatal input option.  Then run it again to see what the ffmpeg error is
(2018-05-26, 04:30)snoopyjoe Wrote: @clones in the Kodi pvr settings you can tell it to use the channel order and numbers from the backend. That will use the order or numbers from the pvr clients.

Mine is setup so the client channel order is used but Kodi handles the numbers. Hdhomerun is first then IPTV simple is second. In the IPTV simple pvr settings I told it to start the numbers where hdhomerun left off. So if hdhomerun has 28 channels then the first psvue channel will start at 29. All the hdhomerun channels are in order followed by all the psvue channels are in order.
Thanks Snoopy. Do you use iptv record to record ps vue channels?
(2018-05-27, 02:41)clones Wrote:
(2018-05-26, 04:30)snoopyjoe Wrote: @clones in the Kodi pvr settings you can tell it to use the channel order and numbers from the backend. That will use the order or numbers from the pvr clients.

No it is not possible to record at the moment using iptv. When the epg service and video addon are merged it may be possible to then.
(2018-05-27, 04:43)snoopyjoe Wrote:
(2018-05-27, 02:41)clones Wrote:

No it is not possible to record at the moment using iptv. When the epg service and video addon are merged it may be possible to then. 
 To schedule a recording for ps vue, I'm assuming one would have to go through the sony playstation vue website?
(2018-05-28, 18:37)clones Wrote:
(2018-05-27, 04:43)snoopyjoe Wrote:
(2018-05-27, 02:41)clones Wrote: Thanks Snoopy. Do you use iptv record to record ps vue channels?  
 To schedule a recording for ps vue, I'm assuming one would have to go through the sony playstation vue website? 
 Yes or add the show or movie to "My DVR" in the video addon. The video addon and the psvue website are pretty much the same as the use the same API.
Just found the add-on. I want to get sonyvue however i live in flordia and want NJ channels is that possible with this app and get all sports
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS Vue6