Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
(2019-11-14, 18:49)DaLanik Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 15:50)DeadDuck Wrote: Recently I noticed a weird issue with YeeMee+KODI and VPN. If I have VPN turned on YeeMee doesn't work, it turns on the light when playback starts but that's it. It won't change color or anything. When playback is stopped, it'll not turn off the light. When I go in the setting and try to discover the bulb, it can't discover it. All's well when VPN is off, but if VPN is on, all it can do is turn on the light and that's it.

Been trying to figure out how to go around it, but not able to. What's weird is that if I run Yeelight UWP app on the same machine, it can turn the lights on or off, and change the brightness even when VPN is on.

Any ideas what could be the issue and how I can work around it, cause I would much prefer leaving the VPN on as my local ISP has been acting weird and blocking random sites (including some API endpoints like Telegram) causing issue with Sonarr and Jackett.

EDIT: If it be any help, I'm using NordVPN and it's running as app on the HTPC.
That's logical, if you use VPN, your IP address changes and it is no longer in the local network.... Maybe Yeelight app works through cloud.... 

Yes, but is there any way to make it work?

Messages In This Thread
RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - by DeadDuck - 2019-11-15, 08:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2