• 2(current)
[Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 1
Hi Soli,

First awesome work! How would you compare your build to the latest OSMC release that works with crystalHD? I just found that I have an Apple tv1 lying around and gonna put a broadcom in it for another room so was wondering what build would remain stable "forever" without any updates.
why don't you try both and report back?
It seems this works ok. i'll update with a final version when I have time.
(2017-07-26, 13:47)goncalo532 Wrote: Hi Soli,

First awesome work! How would you compare your build to the latest OSMC release that works with crystalHD? I just found that I have an Apple tv1 lying around and gonna put a broadcom in it for another room so was wondering what build would remain stable "forever" without any updates.

This build blows osmc out of the water in my opinion, if for no other reason than ram use is about 1/2 and with only 256 mb of ram to start with it makes all of the difference.

I was also impressed with the performance of the Quartz 5 skin which is buttery smooth when used on this build. Absolutely breathes new life into an aging platform.
Aighttt thats good to hear Dyna, ill check it out once I get the crystalHD I am in Europe and that thing is coming from China probably gonna take a month to get here but cant beat 15 bucks free shipping I guess. I'll be looking forward for that final version too.
Got a 404 not found from the wget command , seems like security.ubuntu.com resolves to an IP address, but the page / file cannot get obtained.
be sure to copy the whole link, not only the text shown on the forum.
I'll include tvheadend server (disabled, but can be enabled from the settings app) in the final release.
(2017-07-27, 10:09)Soli Wrote: be sure to copy the whole link, not only the text shown on the forum.
I'll include tvheadend server (disabled, but can be enabled from the settings app) in the final release.

Silly me, I did copy the text only, and on my 2nd monitor, the terminal screen is so small that I couldn't see it very well, so I totally missed it! Thanks! Now I have apt-transport-https set up!

Now w/ that, I finally got tvh server installed via your previous steps, many many thanks again.

Doing some tests w/ this to see if this add-on can work w/ this as well:
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/9184-t...#post55310

(This configure add-on for tvh server is very new, and long overdue for tvh users!)

Edit:
One box works, the 2nd box has a diff problem very strange. It couldn't find the stuff from bintray.com site:
[begin of copied response from apt update]
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/dl.bintray.com_tvheadend_deb_dists_precise_Release.gpg is not what the server reported 0 821
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/dl.bintray.com_tvheadend_deb_dists_precise_Release is not what the server reported 0 10746
W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://dl.bintray.com precise Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 2

W: Failed to fetch https://dl.bintray.com/tvheadend/deb/dis...se/Release

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
[end of copied text.]

Weird indeed. The first box got tvh installed (server) ok. I set up username and password and somehow couldn't get the config add-on to work. I tried to clear it and still same. But that's out of the scope for this thread anyway. I do see it on the :9981 on the web config so that is normal.

Now why this 2nd box behaves diff? I also fixed the local host entry too.

Edit 2:
I wonder if this has anything to do with this:
"
The i386 builds for precise do not have transcoding built in, and seeing as this version of Ubuntu is now EOL it will eventually be removed."

From the tvh doc webpage, I can't believe this is just pulled from the server w/in the last hoursHuh?? can't be that lucky?

Anyway, no biggie, but would a built for trusty or newer make good argument then? Thanks very much for your help, Soli!!
I'll release a new version when I have time.
Then I'll see if I can wrap a release built around Trusty. (With 5MB additional RAM, yay!)
But it won't include a settings app. (unless someone wants to help me with it)
I'll include transmission too, and also make it ready for libretro/emulationstation. The ATV works well as an emulator up to SNES/Genesis era. (Fullscreen 60fps)

edit: I can download https://dl.bintray.com/tvheadend/deb/dis...se/Release . Maybe you could just try again.
Soli I tried to install Kinos but the apple Tv just stayed in a loop, the Kodi symbol would appear and then it would reboot, and the messages Drive found, continuing installation, reboot again and it would just do this loop forever until 30 minutes passed and I just decided to remove everything. Is this supposed to happen and take that long? I tried reinstalling apple os and then install your build but was not successful and same thing happened, got any tips?
I think you probably need to use another USB stick. Install should take approx 4-5mins.
Tried multiple usbs but no luck, it is really weird as I tried to install osmc with all usbs tested and works. After the sentence "continuing installation" it just crashes and reboots again and does it forever Huh
Unfortunately I cannot help you. It works for me an a lot of other people and I have no idea why it doesn't work for you. Maybe the hard drive isn't seated properly. You might to try and open it up and check.
Hi guys. I uploaded a new version. Changelog can be found at the end of the first post. There won't be anymore updates. I don't use this myself, but holy damn it does work great Smile
(2017-08-19, 09:54)Soli Wrote: Hi guys. I uploaded a new version. Changelog can be found at the end of the first post. There won't be anymore updates. I don't use this myself, but holy damn it does work great Smile
Soli, Very Cool. However for some reason I have no internet connection on this build. Sys info > Network> Internet just says "Busy". and can't access the kodi repo, scraper db's or anything. Did a quick check and loaded Kindos 1.2 real fast and right off the bat internet connected. Same atv, spot etc.

Thoughts?

Edit: I shoujld add that the ethernet works as I have connection via my lan, just not http. SO I can ssh in etc. Just not the internet.
It works here..
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 15