[Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 1
(2017-09-25, 15:41)Soli Wrote: I know... Smile I had to include an unneeded module because of this too, and the ones the ATV needs are of course built into the kernel. I think I got the right combination of kernel/initramsfs size. I still got it really small, and the kernel reports 246MB available. On first boot, Kodi should report about 146MB free or so. I don't think it'll get better than this.

Also kernel later than 4.4 or thereabouts wont work with the ATV Bootloader anymore. Do you happen to know why?
To be fair, the only practical things (from an ATV context) that's missing from kernel 4.4 is the PS4 Dual Shock V2 support, and the USB wireless receivers for PS4 pads from Kernel 4.10. I think the V2 patch is just a simple VID-patch whereas the PS4 receiver support I'll just ignore.

The ATV running 14.04 makes a kinda nice emulator of consoles up to and including the 16bit era. I can only get Genesis/SNES/PC Engine running, but the CPU should be powerful enough to support CPS(x) and NeoGeo too. (I remember this was running perfectly in Win98se on a P166mmx)

You can probably get away with media_build to bring you up to date with most support.
Most recent kernel I booted was 4.2 on ATV. Make sure you embed kernel in to mach_kernel; and initramfs should be built in at kernel stage, not mach_kernel build stage.

If you are using my patch to update hostname on Kodi device name change; then make sure you have libnss-myhostname or you would have to maintain /etc/hosts too
which is tricky.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 1 - by Sam.Nazarko - 2017-09-25, 15:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 15