[Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 1
(2017-11-16, 07:57)bjhille Wrote: Considering I'm not using any of the online stuff, would this still be a better option to go with versions Chris's build?  I was also looking at getting the BCM970015HD card (you can get the really cheap now days).
As Soli said, all respect for sure to OE but this really is the only way to go for ATV 1. Guaranteed. The CHD chip is the way to go for sure. That said if you are gonna run without the chd this is still the best as well as it leaves more cpu and ram avail than any other build.
(2017-11-16, 07:57)bjhille Wrote: Since it's used as a "portable" media machine, I would need it to detect if the TV could do 1080P or 720P, but that's what the EDID does, right?  I think there as instructions on the main page for that...
Just switch out the xorg file. if you've never done it I just use two commands (yeah, I still got a crappy tv for one of my setups).

ssh in as instructed according to Soli's instructions and right from there you can do:

Code:
sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.1080p

That saves the existing 1080p setup as xorg.conf.1080p to switch back later if you want.

Then do

Code:
sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.720p /etc/X11/xorg.conf

That'll take the optional 720p setup and make it default. To go back to 1080p just reverse it.

Then just reboot the atv.

I have to do it when I do a new install on the one 720p tv I have, its quick and painless.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 1 - by dynaflash - 2017-11-16, 22:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 15