Playback just songs out of an MKV file
I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on how to show just certain sections of a video file without having to cut the sections out and also store those.

Use case: Disney Movies often have songs in them, I'd like to just watch the song sections
What I know: This would require both knowledge of the specific sections of a movie that one would find the song in (in seconds or something)
What I've tried: EDL files, worked great if you only wanted to cut out a single section, my goal is to save on space here so in linux I created symbolic links but the issue is you can only create a single symbolic link per file so this ends up being too limiting. Video Redo files allow specification of a file path but that gets ignored by Kodi.

Is there perhaps a plugin i've missed or a functionality piece I'm missing? I basically want to create playlists of a single video, not unlink how a bluray works. Is there some manner where an mpls file could be used, if so can you give an example?

Thanks!
Edit decision lists. Look it up. You can have any number of cuts.

Also what you say about symlinks is wrong. Any number of symlinks can point to one file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback just songs out of an MKV file0