Folder Organization
Question 
I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to ask but I'm going to take a shot anyway. I'm curious to know if it's possible to get some insight on the file organization of let's say TV Shows.

Just so I know I am understanding, I'm still learning, XBMC can only see the files like this;

TV Show\Lost\S01E01.avi, tvshow.nfo (along with fanart.jpg, seasonxx.jpg, folder.jpg) all in the same folder?

So is it safe to say that with every episode you add to the Lost folder new art for that episode would be added to the same folder? I know it may sound silly, but wouldn't it be neater by creating another folder just for those files within the show file, in this case Lost?

Obviously I don't know what goes into the programming, and I'm grateful that this program exists, I'm just trying to keep everything as clean as possible on my hard drive.

If the above is true, is there a way to organize the folder structure? Maybe with something like this:

Lost\Episode.avi
Lost\Info (within this folder fanart, season jpeg, folder jpeg and .nfo files would be kept).
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 Wrote:Just so I know I am understanding, I'm still learning, XBMC can only see the files like this;

TV Show\Lost\S01E01.avi, tvshow.nfo (along with fanart.jpg, seasonxx.jpg, folder.jpg) all in the same folder?

So is it safe to say that with every episode you add to the Lost folder new art for that episode would be added to the same folder? I know it may sound silly, but wouldn't it be neater by creating another folder just for those files within the show file, in this case Lost?
I'm not sure what you mean by the emboldened bit. Do you mean the art that XBMC's scrapers automatically download? Or do you mean your own art that you wish to drop into the folder? If the former, then XBMC keeps all of its downloaded files elsewhere, and doesn't save anything in the TV Shows/LOST directory - that isn't where they go.

As for your subfolder idea - I may be talking out of my arse here but I'm pretty sure TV show folders always scan recursively - so in theory you can dump in an extra folder of your choosing and XBMC should automatically pick up whatever's in it. Don't quote me on that though...
Thanks, I suppose what was happening was I was playing around with XBMedia Companion and I noticed that it dropped a bunch of the above mentioned files in the folder. So, if XBMC organizes everything great. Thanks for the help.
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folder Organization0