Android so confused
Hi, I am a new member so please forgive my ignorance. My knowledge of most things electronic is also very limited but I am anxious to learn.
I am sure that my questions are to all of you very basic but after hours of research I am none the wiser.
I live in Europe and have for several years watched tv via "Filmon" on my MX tv android box.
As of 1st of May Filmon is charging a subscription for all tv so I am looking at Kodi for my uk tv. I have loaded a vpn onto my android box.
I understand that I need to download a Kodi app and then some add-ons in order to watch tv. Research has left me confused given the vast number of Kodi apps. My question is exactly what apps do I need to download in order to end up with uk tv please.Many thanks.
Hello tosser,

I think a quick lesson on Kodi is in order first.

Kodi is a media player. It provides NO content whatsoever.

Now think of Apple iPhone and the App store. Apple makes the iPhone, and other people not connected to Apple make apps. That is what is happening here. Kodi makes only Kodi. Nothing else. It is other people writing these Add-ons.

If your question is more along the lines of "how do I get all these free movies and TV shows?" then you are in the wrong place. Kodi does not support or provide any assistance whatsoever that enables users to promote Piracy and circumvent Copyright restrictions. Any Add-On or Repository that does this is a banned discussion here. See this incomplete list... http://kodi.wiki/view/Banned_Add-ons

Having said that, there are legal and supported add-ons that allow access to legal content, usually via a paid subscription, or videos that are out of Copyright. They can be found in the Add-on store here... https://kodi.tv/addons

You can also search the Add-on Forum here, and there are other supported add-ons that just haven't made it into the official repository yet.

Hope that helps. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
Kodi has a filmon addon. It will not bypass the need to pay Filmon for their content.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
In addition to some of the other links in my sig below, I'd also recommend to look at the notes on free content (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
There are some legal addons that will give you some access to UK based TV. iPlayerWWW gives access to the BBC iPlayer and it's live TV and Radio feeds. ITV Player does the same for ITV and UKTV Play gives you on-demand access to the Dave, Really, Yesterday and Drama channels. There is also a addon for the TV Catchup service, which lets you access some of the Freeview Channels.

If you step away from Kodi and just look at what is available for Android, legally, then the world is your oyster. All of the major Freeview channels have an official app which will let you access their services legally.

I will add a caveat, I have no idea if these services work or are allowed to be used in mainland Europe.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
so confused0