Option to edit a saved Playlist?
Dear Kodi Developers

Can you please add a option to edit saved Playlists?

So this way we can add or remove Movies or TV Shows to any saved Playlist. And also be able to edit the name of the saved playlist.

Thanks
Thread moved to feature requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This has been there for years. if gone it is a regression, are you sure context has no edit? From quick tests edit is there but rename needs the general allow renaming and deletion setting enabled.
(2017-05-08, 06:22)ironic_monkey Wrote: This has been there for years. if gone it is a regression, are you sure context has no edit? From quick tests edit is there but rename needs the general allow renaming and deletion setting enabled.

Nope I see no way to edit saved playlists.
Context menu > Rename or Edit.
I'm new to Kodi and maybe I'm missing something obvious but I really cannot see any way to edit a saved Playlist from within Kodi.

I'm using a laptop navigating by the touchpad or screen or keys if one is appropriate. If I bring up a previously saved Playlist I see the existing list of files (music videos) in the right part of the screen and a thumbnail of the video selected to the left Moving the pointer to the extreme left brings up a menu with View options - Sort, order, search and Actions - Update library, but nothing about editing. If I touch and hold one of the items in the Playlist I get a small menu: Play, Mark as watched, Queue item, Play from here, and Add to favourites. I cannot find any other options available.

The only thing I could possibly do would be to queue all the items that I want to keep one by one from the existing playlist and if I wanted to add a few new items, go to 'Files' and queue the additional ones, then save the Playlist with the same name as the previous version. But this would be extremely laborious with a long playlist. There must be an easier way.
You're looking at the playlists' contents not the actual playlist. You need to open the context menu on the playlist itself.
If I may add it is still quite a hassle to edit a playlist in the playlist editor. You can only move an item one position down or up in the playlist editor. In the now playing list you can choose something like "move item", scroll down to where you want it and drop it there. That's why i mostly "edit" the list in the now playing list and save under the same name again.
(2017-07-14, 23:56)Hitcher Wrote: You're looking at the playlists' contents not the actual playlist. You need to open the context menu on the playlist itself.
After much playing around I think I stumbled upon the 'actual playlist' you referred to (the one with the thumbnail of the item selected on the right and a menu including 'Save' on the left). I could move items up and down and save the new arrangement. But having moved away from that I spent ages trying to find a way of reliably getting back to that view of the list. It was not at all intuitive to me though I expect it is probably obvious to experienced users.

Anyway I think I have got it now. To display a previously saved playlist for editing it seems I need to 'Queue' the list. By further queuing I can even add additional files and even other playlists to merge them and then save the new list. At least that seems to work some of the time. Sometimes when queuing an additional item I would lose the previously queued items and I'd have only the last item 'queued'. Haven't worked out why that sometimes happens.

I seem to be able to manage Kodi a little easier on my main PC but I'm finding it more temperamental on my touchscreen laptop. I suppose I'll get to grips with it eventually but at the moment I'm finding learning to use Kodi rather frustrating.
(2017-07-14, 23:56)Hitcher Wrote: You're looking at the playlists' contents not the actual playlist. You need to open the context menu on the playlist itself.

Hi there Smile

Unless I am really missing something all I see when right clicking on a saved playlist is "Play, Queue item, Play using..., Play from here, add to favorites, browse into, delete and rename" There is no way to add more videos to an already "saved" playlist. Also there is no way to remove a video from an already "saved playlist.

I really wish there was a way to "add to" and "remove" videos from already saved playlists. Would this be very hard to add?

Also I finally figured out that you can rename a playlist but I noticed an issue where if you rename a save playlist and remove the ".m3u" by mistake the saved playlist can no longer be deleted.

What can I do to remove the undeletable saved playlist in this case?
(2017-07-16, 18:49)MarRose Wrote:
After much playing around I think I stumbled upon the 'actual playlist' you referred to (the one with the thumbnail of the item selected on the right and a menu including 'Save' on the left). I could move items up and down and save the new arrangement. But having moved away from that I spent ages trying to find a way of reliably getting back to that view of the list. It was not at all intuitive to me though I expect it is probably obvious to experienced users.

Videos > Playlists
Hi all,
I think I have similar issues. I cannot edit the playlist from playlist editor (using the release Krypton) due to the context menu on playlist item is missing.

In Kodi release v16 I could select a playlist for editing and then select an Item and open the context menu to move (change the order) or delete it
On Krypon this context menu is missing and I can reordering o delete item only on played playlist.

I think I may be a regression

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to edit a saved Playlist?0