(Defeat admitted) Need help building my very first addon
Hello,

I need some help building my very first addon. The idea is that when i press a button on my remote, i change channels (duhh, thats a pvr thing!) but, i dont have pvr (i added the channels to favourites and launch them using PlayMedia() because otherwise they would stop working after 10 seconds although i did pay for it...) anyway,
Code:
<favourite name="NPO Nieuws" thumb="special://skin/extras/icons/livetv.png">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.nederland24/?url=LI_NEDERLAND1_221673&amp;mode=playVideo&quot;)</favourite>
is the example i have, like when that one is playing, i need to add the action that when i press pageup i'm switching to the next one
Code:
<favourite name="NPO1" thumb="special://skin/extras/icons/livetv.png">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.nederland24/?url=LI_NEDERLAND1_221674&amp;mode=playVideo&quot;)</favourite>
Vice versa for the previous but then it needs to go up the channel list Tongue

But i'm only getting far enough with my skills to assign a script to the buttons and launch that python code. Python seems very, very different from PHP too me. In php i would go like
Code:
if(currentlyPlaying == 'NPO Nieuws'){
xbmc.excecutebuilding(Play(NPO1));
}
Well, actually i would use a switch statement, but python does'nt support that.

In stead of fixing the pvr with iptv (also too hard for my skillset) i'll just use this because i do'nt have a lot of channels Smile

If someone could help me on my way, i would be very happy!

Regards, Michel
F4mtester is a banned addon (wiki) here and is not welcome. Nor are any addons which require it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-05-07, 14:35)DarrenHill Wrote: F4mtester is a banned addon (wiki) here and is not welcome. Nor are any addons which require it.
Thank you for your reply, my question does'nt relate to it, i just want to browse my favourites using the pageup and pagedown button on my remote.
It doesn't now you've edited your post, but as it originally said

(2017-05-07, 14:07)JustMichel Wrote: i added the channels to favourites and launch them using the f4m because otherwise they would stop working after 10 seconds although i did pay for it...) anyway,

But the comment still applies anyway, if you want help, assistance or support here or to offer it via this site.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I would like some help tho Wink

I'm getting as far as an error when i am trying to put up a notification with the currently playing filename (so i can later on do an if-elif statement with it).... This is my full code
Code:
import xbmcaddon
import xbmcgui

xbmc.executebuiltin("Notification(xbmc.getInfoLabel('Player.Filename'),xbmc.getInfoLabel('Player.Filename'))")
#xbmcgui.Dialog().ok("xbmc.getInfoLabel('Player.Filename')")
#xbmc.executebuiltin("Notification(xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId(),'Volgend kanaal')")

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Defeat admitted) Need help building my very first addon1