Including songs/albums from online sources in the music libary
Soooooo no idea if this is the right place. [EDIT Split to own thread - DB]

I guess there really is no right place, it's been asked many times in many threads. I see there is some work being done on music scrapers and further work on the music database. If I may politely ask again, if the possibility to include tracks/albums whatever from online sources (mainly provided by addons) to the music database could be looked at? Marcelveidt's Spotify addon might be a fine example (it even had the function "add to database" for a while but playback of the online files from kodi's database failed then and the feature was removed again).
(2017-02-27, 13:11)DarkHelmet Wrote: Soooooo no idea if this is the right place. I guess there really is no right place, it's been asked many times in many threads. I see there is some work being done on music scrapers and further work on the music database. If I may politely ask again, if the possibility to include tracks/albums whatever from online sources (mainly provided by addons) to the music database could be looked at? Marcelveidt's Spotify addon might be a fine example (it even had the function "add to database" for a while but playback of the online files from kodi's database failed then and the feature was removed again).

Yes exciting times to see cdart and banners included in scrapers finally Smile

Not sure about your question though, sounds complicated..
In the end, anything having to do with coding is beyond me. Sucks for me haha. As for most users it "looks" not so complicated. When i play songs with the spotify addon a lot of information (artist, track, year, album, genre) is provided to me by the addon. Not so greatly different from my tags - from a user's perspective of course. However these online tracks are seperated from my music database that contains my local songs. I was really not one of the first guys to jump on the streaming train, but now that I signed up for spotify I have to say what they offer is pretty damn good. Spotify is just an example, i'm sure the offers from Google, Amazon or Apple are not so much worse. The addons I have for Spotify, Google Music and Amazon music work well, but i now have four seperate databases if you want: Local, Spotify, Google and Amazon.
It seems like something that could use direction from the entire XBMC BOD. I don't think it is a music issue; rather what facilities should Kodi provide for all streaming media? ISTM this could result in a tremendous increase in the amount / volume of data Kodi must manage. It isn't clear the current architecture would scale nicely. There's also the question of how much data should be stored locally vs pointers/links to online storage of that same data.

scott s.
I agree, i really absolutely don't want all of the millions of spotify's music catalogue be included in my library. Spotify isn't ease to search through, it's a mess to be honest, but having the option to just add an online source of an album as an addition to my local files would be quite sweet. There are artists that I have almost all albums of as local files but that ONE single, ep, live album or whatever that I don't have but that's available on spotify, yeah, adding that from an online source to my library would be great.
There seems to be an addon that lets you add online music albums to the library. I'll fiddle around with it a bit. It's in German language, so no idea if posting a link would help many people.
(2017-03-01, 00:09)DarkHelmet Wrote: There seems to be an addon that lets you add online music albums to the library. I'll fiddle around with it a bit. It's in German language, so no idea if posting a link would help many people.

I know the youtube library addon will add music videos to the library by creating an .strm and .nfo file for each video. Your library can get huge pretty quickly. You could probably do something like that for music albums

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Including songs/albums from online sources in the music libary0