Release Control Kodi with your Google Home
I have good news and I am thrilled after many days of struggling
The scripts as per the original instructions work for mutiple boxes. However becuase I made changed to config file several times etc and was eiditing existing IFTT applets created before it gave 500 and web request time out error in IFTT. The commands to issue are "OK google, kodi play movie x-men", "OK google, kodibedroom play movie australia" where kodi and kodibedroom are the id in kodi-host.config.js and "kodiid" in the IFTT. you could keep same username/passwords in all kodi boxes and same port and same "token". Not sure if you need to change kodi box name in kodi installation to reflect rge id in kodi-host.config.js but I do not think it is required though I did it

what need to be done or make sure is
a) each time you change the kodi-hosts.config.js you need to stop the server.js session, run "npm install" for config changes to make effect (if not done it would lead to authentication errors and not executing)
b) also create new applet in IFTT -sometimes editing existing applet and saving does not work (it result in timeout and applet failing)

I also had a issue and uninstalling node js application and installing it again, copying a fresh copy of googlehomekodi code and change the config and do npm install and then node ....../server.js did work

so i can confirma that no more changes are required to other files. Only change required is kodi-host.config.js and then in create new applets with the following format {"token":"mytoken", "kodiid":"kodi"}

I am commiting here in case someone try to add second box later will find it not working. The original instuctions does not talk about having to run npm insall with config file change 

please note that I am running local node server- method: =11ptB.2 Set up local webserver

Messages In This Thread
RE: Control Kodi with your Google Home - by sanjeewasam - 2018-02-09, 11:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Control Kodi with your Google Home4