Win Autoplay videos from shared folder
Video 
Hi, i'm fairly new to Kodi and really appreciate anyone who can help me out.

Here's the situation. I've installed Kodi v17.1 on a windows machine (Intel NUC) and it works great, now i want it to autoplay from a shared folder locally on the machine, because it needs to play every video in this folder on loop 24/7 for digital signage.

I have almost achieved this using this python script
Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.PlayMedia("C:\Loopreel\","isdir")')
xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.PlayerControl(repeatall)')
xbmc.executebuiltin("Action(Fullscreen)")

This works well, however if i add new videos to the shared folder, i have to restart Kodi completely for it to play the new videos.

Is there a way to make Kodi check for new videos in the folder on every loop?
Would probably require to rescan. This would require restarting but you don't restart and want it to recognize additions in real time.

Not sure but you could try Library Update add-on or Watchdog. These would not require a restart.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Updating your library does not require a restart.

A slightly more sophisticated script that loops forever but doesn't use the built-in repeatall would work, as it would re read the directory every time thorough the loop.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i only managed to get this script working on an older version of Kodi. tried 17.1 and it kept showing error.

similarly, im also trying to get it to update the playlist without restarting

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autoplay videos from shared folder0