UPnP / DLNA, AirPlay delay
Hi,

i have a Ubuntu 16.04 installed with Kodi 17.1 on it. UpnP / DLNA and also Airplay is activated.
On my Notebook is also a Ubuntu 16.04 installed and pulseaudio-dlna.
I can play music on my Notebook and send with pulseaudio to kodi with dlna, Kodi is playing the music but with delay.
All actions like, play, stop, next titel, volume up/down has 3 seconds delay, it sucks.
I installed on my android phone the app AllStream and also send music from spotify to kodi with dlna and Airplay, but same issue.

I think it's not fould of sender, it looks like problem of kodi and a buffer who make delay.
So i searched and googled a lot and i found advancedsettings.xml for spezial configuration.
I set buffermode to 3 what means "No buffer" but nothing changed, i guess this value is only for video streams and not for dlna, Airplay.

Please help me i stucks. Thanks!
No one has an idea because it runs well at all at everybody or doesn't use anybody dlna or airplay?
It's normal. You transmit via network - it needs to buffer. You can alter pulseaudio-dlna to minimize the buffer, but that will produce hickups
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP / DLNA, AirPlay delay1