RenderCapture need help
(2017-05-23, 23:30)smitchell6879 Wrote: So I was look at something and ran a across this

http://zulko.github.io/blog/2013/09/27/r...ng-ffmpeg/

Which go me to

https://github.com/Zulko/moviepy/blob/ma..._reader.py

If this really will read by frame maybe it could be tweaked to set a property for the pil module to blur x frame when I specify. Also pull thumbs previews of a video on a scale...

Does this seem more reasonable approch on my part are should I just let it go and move on ?
From what I remember you cannot use Kodi's packed ffmepg. So you'll have to maintain a ffmpeg binary module for each platform (not sure if one is available already). A lot of work for little gain IMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Alright if that's the case of not being able to use the built in ffmepg the once again I agree and will let it go.

Thanks.. I tired hahaha.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-05-24, 00:14)smitchell6879 Wrote: Alright if that's the case of not being able to use the built in ffmepg the once again I agree and will let it go.

Thanks.. I tired hahaha.
If there was a easy solution we'd all be using it.

Alt. Suggestion... Create a script that takes the majority color of a scene and use it to diffuse a overlay image (in this case a transparent "blur").

Sent from my SM-G935T
Will give it a try already using color match for other things so it should be pretty straight forward... That way I like it hahaa
(2017-05-24, 00:38)smitchell6879 Wrote: Will give it a try already using color match for other things so it should be pretty straight forward... That way I like it hahaa
The idea is to use XBMC. render capture to poll active playback for color. The end result would be dynamic and interesting. Would also be easy to script btw.

Sent from my SM-G935T
When u say poll are u talking screenshot ever so many milsecond/seconds and using pil module or is there another module and poll method you have in mind? I had not thought of it that way.. and with the right mask and aplha it really could give a cool effect if it does change as it's polled.
(2017-05-24, 00:57)smitchell6879 Wrote: When u say poll are u talking screenshot ever so many milsecond/seconds and using pil module or is there another module and poll method you have in mind? I had not thought of it that way.. and with the right mask and aplha it really could give a cool effect if it does change as it's polled.

Yes and no you're dealing with a raw image in memory, its semantics when you say screenshot Wink

Ahh you get it, you'd still have a dynamic color shifting blur but without the heavy video processing.

Good luck, if you need assistance, drop a post here.

Here is what you need to know:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Service_add-ons <-service to poll 'ie, capture image'

https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py...pture.html <-capture python module

https://github.com/mpolednik/script.kodi...default.py <-Example of render capturing a kodi image.
Wow.. Thanks you really laid it out for me Smile
I am ashamed to post this

but I haven't used monitor or log before... but even using the tutorial in you link I can not get the anything to print in the log. as well if I swap log for dialog I don't get anything while running but when I disable my addon the dialog will work. Which is what I would expect. what am I doing wrong with log?

Code:
import os
import sys
import time
import xbmc
import xbmcgui
import xbmcaddon

addon = xbmcaddon.Addon()
addondir = xbmc.translatePath(addon.getAddonInfo('profile'))
cwd = addon.getAddonInfo('path')
resource = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join(cwd, 'resources', 'lib'))

sys.path.append(resource)

if __name__ == "__main__":
    monitor = xbmc.Monitor()
    while not monitor.abortRequested():
        if monitor.waitForAbort(10):
            xbmcgui.Dialog().ok("test","Hello","this"," World")
            break
            xbmc.log(msg='This is a test string.', level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)

I also had in advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

so what do I am I missing keeping me from tracking steps? And now the Noob shows
The above code only runs when Kodi issues an abort request, take a look at the changes below.

Code:
if __name__ == "__main__":
    monitor = xbmc.Monitor()
    while not monitor.abortRequested():
        xbmc.log(msg='About to wait 10 secs', level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
        if monitor.waitForAbort(10):
            xbmc.log(msg='Kodi abort Break Loop', level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
            break
        xbmc.log(msg='About to Display OK', level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
        xbmcgui.Dialog().ok("test","Hello","this"," World")
        xbmc.log(msg='After Display OK', level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
    xbmc.log(msg='Loop Ended', level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/ne...python.htm <-if/else nesting
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/py...tement.htm <-about loop flow
https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py...abd4744961 <-about log function

Sent from my SM-G935T
Thanks I didn't realize that's what break did... I will play with it some more this weekend last few day and next couple are going to be busy.. I do appreciate you help
(2017-05-26, 00:50)smitchell6879 Wrote: Thanks I didn't realize that's what break did... I will play with it some more this weekend last few day and next couple are going to be busy.. I do appreciate you help

I'd really like to see this come to fruition, if you need further assistance let me know.
Quote:I'd really like to see this come to fruition, if you need further assistance let me know.

Will definitely give it a try and will most likely need to pick your brain much more.. may be another week or so before I get time to really get back on this. But I do plan to work on it soon... Between work and I am updating my home network.. new pc setup radios antenna etc. so I have been kind of preoccupied.

But I really go appreciate you wiliness to help.
So I started back playing with this a little tonight thanks for the loop log that will help as I start adding to this. For me to reading through the kodi.hue.ambilight. I am miss where exactly the colors are being captured.. I am bouncing between ambilight and boblight... I did see a demo of the ambilight on youtube and I personal would rather have the effect of bob light. So for now that's going to be where I am going to start trying to figure out how to it works.

Just wanted to give a quick update.

Edit... Yeah Boblight isn't the way to go.... back to hue ambilight
Does anyone know exactly what RenderCapture.getimage() actually returns.... I am assume the mses attribute is how offltwn to get the image.

But the byte array is that basically the full pixelated image...I just need to convert to a fomart that I want to work with?

Also this image a image of just the video at that moment or is it basically a screenshot of the dialogs and everything.

I have Googled abyte arry and a few ways to work with it ... But I was just hoping someone else may already have a idea of what I should be looking for as I am not really sure what I am getting with the byte arry it is hard to know for sure what I should expect out if that makes sense.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RenderCapture need help0