Addon Problem with Estuary and Aeon Nox
Good day, 

My add-on displays a side panel of my lights on the screen whether it is the Home screen or if any media is being played. At least that is what it is supposed to do.

The python file points to a simple XML file that handles the display of the icons and labels which works fine.

However, in both Estuary and Aeon-Nox (in Kodi version 17 and 18 Beta 3) --those are the skins I tried--, the add-on activates the Programs screen and then display the side panel. I am attaching the image of the behavior when I activated the add-on from the Home screen.

Is there something I am missing that should be added in either XML or python to get the add-on to overlay the active screen instead of moving to the programs screen ?

Thanks,

ImageImage
What is the Addon that’s causing the issue?
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
It is an add-on that I made. But it is a simple window. Let me know what other info might be necessary.
Is your addon running as a service in the background ?  If you run it from 'programs' then it'll just overlay the current window I think, unless you change the active window first.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2018-10-24, 17:03)black_eagle Wrote: Is your addon running as a service in the background ?  If you run it from 'programs' then it'll just overlay the current window I think, unless you change the active window first.
 It is just an addon that I mapped to a remote key, so I can launch it on any screen. Not running as a service at all. But no matter what screen it is, it overlays a translucent black background if a media is playing (screenshot included) first then launch the addon.

From the home screen or any other screen that is not media playing. It moves to the programs screen then launch the addon from the right side.Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon Problem with Estuary and Aeon Nox0