• 12(current)
v19 Pluto.TV
I'm having troubles getting pluto.tv addon to work. log file is @ https://paste.kodi.tv/aqumotonor. Thanks.
@meadrocks - we don't support any install that violates our piracy policy (wiki), and yours is stuffed full of such banned addons (wiki)...

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
New log file https://paste.kodi.tv/litolivawa
The banned universal scrapers repo is still installed, and that log doesn't have debug logging enabled either.

The new log also ends prematurely, before there's any errors from pluto.tv?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-11-21, 23:38)DarrenHill Wrote: The banned universal scrapers repo is still installed, and that log doesn't have debug logging enabled either.

From the GUI it states I cant remove universal scrapers repo because the Universal Scraper addon is still installed, but I cant find that addon anywhere. Is there a way to remove it by logging in via ssh?
(2018-11-22, 00:21)meadrocks Wrote:
(2018-11-21, 23:38)DarrenHill Wrote: The banned universal scrapers repo is still installed, and that log doesn't have debug logging enabled either.

From the GUI it states I cant remove universal scrapers repo because the Universal Scraper addon is still installed, but I cant find that addon anywhere. Is there a way to remove it by logging in via ssh?  
 I deleted  from /storage/.kodi/addons # rm -rf repository.universalscrapers script.module.universalscrapers. Rebooted, repo appears to be gone. I enabled debugging, rebooted again. log file is https://paste.kodi.tv/vajopetaxi
(2018-11-22, 00:31)meadrocks Wrote: log file is https://paste.kodi.tv/vajopetaxi
Please check your own log file. You may have removed the repository & add-ons, but there are still background processes and/or dependencies active on your system. See the orange-colored entries in the log. FYI, creating a new/fresh Kodi profile would be the quickest way to get rid of those rear rests.
I created a new profile, enabled debugging, rebooted, viewed the log, saw nothing in orange. Log file is https://paste.kodi.tv/usorutiviw
(2018-11-22, 01:48)meadrocks Wrote: I created a new profile
Hmmm... A new profile hasn't worked so far. Something still looks awfully similar. Look at the orange entries with "neptune, fantastic,exodus"...

If you log in via SSH into LibreELEC, then rename the .kodi folder into something else (or simply delete the whole .kodi folder..), then restart your device and Kodi will create a new profile folder during the reboot.
I removed the .kodi directory tree, rebooted, installed PlutoTV, turned on debugging, rebooted, launched PlutoTV, it failed.  Log file is https://paste.kodi.tv/iselibobev. BTW, thanks for your help!
Yup that's clean now Smile

The way you describe above for removing add-ons and repos manually is the correct one (SSH in, go to the addons folder within your .kodi folder and delete any sub-folders relating to the banned junk). Making a new profile won't work as all profiles may still have access to any installed addons.

As you can see some of the more questionable of the banned addons (wiki) leave active running scripts behind even when they are uninstalled. Yet another reason to beware of what you install into your Kodi set-up (hopefully as one would any such set-up on your computers/devices, but seemingly all too often not the case).

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-11-22, 11:08)DarrenHill Wrote: Yup that's clean now Smile

The way you describe above for removing add-ons and repos manually is the correct one (SSH in, go to the addons folder within your .kodi folder and delete any sub-folders relating to the banned junk). Making a new profile won't work as all profiles may still have access to any installed addons.

As you can see some of the more questionable of the banned addons (wiki) leave active running scripts behind even when they are uninstalled. Yet another reason to beware of what you install into your Kodi set-up (hopefully as one would any such set-up on your computers/devices, but seemingly all too often not the case).
 So why isn't PlutoTV not working now that I have a clean install? Again thanks for all the help.
There's a lot of failures in name resolution in the log, plus some errors like "No such file or directory: '/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.plutotv/cookiejar.lwp" (line 732) that @Lunatixz would be better commenting on.

But I would start by checking the network set-up of your device and confirming all is well there (look through the log at the lines highlighted with red ERROR tags for more details).

Kodi Blog Posts
the URLs do resolve

LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # nslookup sx05.eu
Server:    192.168.100.1
Address 1: 192.168.100.1 pfSensefw.localdomain

Name:      sx05.eu
Address 1: 185.53.179.7

LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # nslookup update.libreelec.tv

Name:      update.libreelec.tv
Address 1: 46.101.13.226
LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # nslookup kszaq.libreelec.tv

Name:      kszaq.libreelec.tv
Address 1: 87.98.239.4 cluster003.ovh.net

The failures are maybe due to files not existing anymore. So I don't believe I'm having DNS issues.
I installed the latest kodi dist from Coreelec team, installed PlutoTV addon, still getting errors. Log file is https://paste.kodi.tv/koxebavile.

It appears that the addon is looking for the following file, 
 ERROR: plugin.video.plutotv-1.1.0-openURL, Unable to open url [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.plutotv/cookiejar.lwp'
However the parent directory plugin.video.plutotv does not exist.

CoreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # cd /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.plutotv/
-sh: cd: can't cd to /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.plutotv/: No such file or directory

Once I created that directory PlutoTV appears to launch. I believe that dir should be created when the addon is installed but isn't for some reason.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pluto.TV2