Win Kodi takes long time to exit (shut down)
I have windows 10, krypton is installed and works fine.
But it started having problem with exit. When I try to shut down or exit it takes long time. It wasn't like that.
It used to shut down (exit) right away.

Also, how can I remove unwanted Addons? Youtube was added which I didn't install.
Long shutdowns, I usually attribute to networking and waiting for the other side of the connection for no good reason or some errant add-on. Is the interface disappearing quickly 5-10 seconds or does it hold up the screen? Run windowed mode, check with processes explorer looking at the properties of Kodi and what's holding up the works. A debug log will have some clue if it's an add-on. Best way of diagnosis is to run a 'portable' install with nothing loaded, and just open & close... at least that is what your system performance allows. Of course a debug log (wiki) should be informative.

Youtube could be loaded for its dependencies, a regular add-on is eliminated in the information panel, with un-install.
It's probably all the banned addons (wiki) phoning home...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This might help:

When running in windowed mode under Windows 7, if you click on the "X" (kill window) decoration at the top right of Kodi's window, Kodi terminates immediately.

You can toggle in and out of windowed mode by typing the key "\" (backslant).
The easy quick test is to close Kdoi then go to your userdata folder %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\ and rename the addons folder to something like old_addons then start Kodi again and try exiting again, this will immediately tell you if a addon is at fault.
(2017-06-26, 14:06)selden Wrote: This might help:

When running in windowed mode under Windows 7, if you click on the "X" (kill window) decoration at the top right of Kodi's window, Kodi terminates immediately.

You can toggle in and out of windowed mode by typing the key "\" (backslant).

Not a recommended procedure. Kodi performs a number of functions during the proper exit procedure, such as saving skin changes, updating databases etc... Forcing a close bypasses these functions and will potentially lead to problems in the future.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've had this problem for a few versions... And I don't run any sketchy add-ons. I run very few addons at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Did you try @jjd-uk suggestion in post #5? Debug log please.
(2017-07-23, 06:19)PatK Wrote: Did you try @jjd-uk suggestion in post #5? Debug log please.
(2017-06-26, 14:47)jjd-uk Wrote: The easy quick test is to close Kdoi then go to your userdata folder %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\ and rename the addons folder to something like old_addons then start Kodi again and try exiting again, this will immediately tell you if a addon is at fault.
If you do that in krypton or later make sure you back up userdata/Database/addons27.db (or a higher number if it's there). Otherwise when you stick your real addons folder back you'll find every third-party addon is disabled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi takes long time to exit (shut down)0