Issue after upgrading to krypton then downgrading
Hi all
I'm using libreelec and upgraded , decided I didn't like then downgraded using options within libreelec.
After downgrading I've lost some menus in settings and also names are different like its part in krypton. Also doesn't display if play Dolby/dts etc

For some reason soft and hard reset options are not working .

Any suggestions as to what I can try to fix ?

The only thing I changed when in krypton was to change skin to confluence .
I'm using a intel NUC dn2820 and any advice as to what I can try is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie
-> www.libreelec.tv as you have a solely libreELEC issue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Delete the guisettings.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata

Then reboot
(2017-06-04, 02:12)DaVu Wrote: Delete the guisettings.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata

Then reboot

Appreciate the reply but sadly that didn't do anything .
Connect via putty (ie ssh).
Then do:

systemctl stop kodi
mv .kodi .kodi.bak
systemctl start kodi

That would give you a fresh (empty) kodi folder, with your old settings backed up.

If you wanted to go back to jarvis as it was before updating you'd have to work out what has been updated and reverse that. If you don't already know how to do that it's almost certainly easier to start from scratch.
(2017-06-05, 21:05)Sniffer77 Wrote:
(2017-06-04, 02:12)DaVu Wrote: Delete the guisettings.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata

Then reboot

That's strange, because that always worked for me.

Troggys way will work, too. In the end, it's the same, as there's no guisettings.xml which Kodi would recognize, anymore.
(2017-06-05, 23:50)DaVu Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 21:05)Sniffer77 Wrote:

Then reboot

That's strange, because that always worked for me.

Troggys way will work, too. In the end, it's the same, as there's no guisettings.xml which Kodi would recognize, anymore.
Just a thought - did you run 'stop kodi' before deleting guisettings? If you delete it while kodi's running it's written back on exit so nothing happens.
Thanks for the replies .
No I didn't run stop so that's where I went wrong.

I've since done a fresh install of Jarvis . Do you guys know if there are any issues with live tv(iptv) on krypton where picture appears to judder every few seconds?possible refresh rate issues ?

I'm wondering if it worth me trying a fresh krypton install now the box is wiped as it's fairly quick to do
Thanks
Why not try running krypton from a usb stick?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue after upgrading to krypton then downgrading0