Amazon Firestick the best choice?
If you value smooth Kodi video playback I would advise staying away from the FireTV devices. I believe 23.976fps video output is not even possible.
A recent Firmware update has made smooth 24p video playback even worse it seems.

This is where you should be reading about FireTV support & Kodi and the problems that may be encountered:
https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=615

MrMC is a fork of Kodi, there are some very senior ex Android Kodi developers that handle that project.

Personally I would not even use any Android OS for Kodi if I could help it.

(2017-06-06, 18:57)wrxtasy Wrote: If you value smooth Kodi video playback I would advise staying away from the FireTV devices. I believe 23.976fps video output is not even possible.
A recent Firmware update has made smooth 24p video playback even worse it seems.

This is where you should be reading about FireTV support & Kodi and the problems that may be encountered:
https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=615

MrMC is a fork of Kodi, there are some very senior ex Android Kodi developers that handle that project.

Personally I would not even use any Android OS for Kodi if I could help it.

Yeah I read that before. Mainly talks of the 1st Fire Stick but I know the 2nd did get the same update so idk. Idk why this all is so difficult haha. We are moving all our stuff from the bedroom to living room (TV and laptop) which is the whole reason I figured it would just be easier to get a simple box or stick and control Kodi through that instead of working it through the laptop with the small length HDMI cord lol. Just gets annoying.
If dude is looking at a 35 dollar stick for his primary media player.. i doubt he cares about 3:2 pulldown. Heck it won't even output HD audio formats.

But it is cheap.
Definitely don't want lag. People also told me about the Mi Box but I can't find that anywhere online. Shield is just so Damn good from what I've read and seen but they charge way too much lol.
Maybe we should create a subforum maybe called 'scrooge' (or elcheapo or kanjoos) for any queries pertaining to HW platforms under €75?

Sent from my iPhone
We already have and it's called the "Budget AMLogic" thread.
People are expecting too much out of Kodi when used on these cheap Android devices. They ALWAYS come with something compromised.

The Mi Box has no Kodi dynamic refresh switching & no Amazon Video. Otherwise it's a solid choice because there is no stuffing around and PITA Google (Android TV) Apps Sideloading.

I will say it again if you want an optimized version of Kodi where 99% of its features just work use LibreELEC or OSMC Kodi. Leave Android for Android Apps only.

(2017-06-06, 20:30)AllenRulz Wrote: Definitely don't want lag. People also told me about the Mi Box but I can't find that anywhere online.
Someone has not looked very hard then.
Hint... Page #1 of the existing Mi Box thread ! Wink

(2017-06-07, 04:25)wrxtasy Wrote: We already have and it's called the "Budget AMLogic" thread.
People are expecting too much out of Kodi when used on these cheap Android devices. They ALWAYS come with something compromised.

The Mi Box has no Kodi dynamic refresh switching & no Amazon Video. Otherwise it's a solid choice because there is no stuffing around and PITA Google (Android TV) Apps Sideloading.

I will say it again if you want an optimized version of Kodi where 99% of its features just work use LibreELEC or OSMC Kodi. Leave Android for Android Apps only.

(2017-06-06, 20:30)AllenRulz Wrote: Definitely don't want lag. People also told me about the Mi Box but I can't find that anywhere online.
Someone has not looked very hard then.
Hint... Page #1 of the existing Mi Box thread ! Wink

Walmart doesn't ship it to anywhere I am at but the second site works. Thanks man.
I have been using kodi for a long time on my laptop. A big fan of kodi and its top kodi addons. Now, I want to install kodi on Firestick. I followed some tutorials and some blogs claimed it is not legal to jailbreak kodi. What do you guys say about this?
I think if you continue to link to sites promoting banned addons (wiki) your career here will be a very short one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Firestick the best choice?0