Need help setting up an OTA antenna to kodi 17
Noob here, but learning...

Im running kodi 17 on a nvidia shield. I have an OTA antenna i want to hook up to kodi to be able to view and record channels from it using kodi PVR and EPG. I have looked at the wiki for how to do this, but I'm still confused on the backend server part. Do i need additional hardware to accomplish this? Does my nvidia not have a tuner card? I've created my own kodi build and this is the last piece in my puzzle so it's super frustrating to not be able to figure this out. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.
You need a tuner and possibly a backend PVR (wiki) server depending on your use case / set up. The Shield does not have a tuner.

Perhaps look at a HDHomerun network tuner. If you don't want to record but just want live TV then this (plus your shield running Kodi and the HDHomerun add-on) will be enough. To record you'll either have to subscribe to HDHomerun's PVR service or you can run PVR server software such as TVHeadend on a separate piece of hardware.

Another option would be to use the HDHR with Plex and their DVR service. The shield runs Plex so you could either use that or integrate it into Kodi with the Plex for Kodi add-on. You'd need to be a Plex Pass subscriber though.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thank you very much for the help. I will do some more research with this information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help setting up an OTA antenna to kodi 170