Kodi conversation
I'm pretty new to Kodi so i have a question. My buddy and I were having a discussion about Kodi...He says the Develpoers have to get paid otherwise why do it. I say it's a free open source and they dont get paid aside from possibe donations. Can someone clarify...
You are right, he is wrong. I'm guessing your buddy doesn't have any hobbies which don't involve money Smile
Donations here at Kodi.tv don't go to 'pay' the developers, they go into the foundations funds and are used as follows:

"Donations are used solely for purchasing hardware to improve and extend the goals of the XBMC Foundation, travel for conferences, and administrative costs and fees."

https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate

Also, from the same page:

"Kodi (formerly XBMC) is a free and open source media player application developed by the XBMC/Kodi Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium"

It's pretty easy to find this information, there is a direct link on the home page. I would suggest that your buddy should do a little reading...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Your mate has probably watched too many clickbait Kodi videos on YouTube. We get paid absolutely nothing - we do this simply for our love of Kodi.
You and your buddy are both right and both wrong.
We get payed to do our real jobs. Or nag others doing it... Wink

No money involved except for beer and peanuts during devcons. Kodi is a hobby, done for the pure pleasure of that illusive "what if I did...".

Except we - past and present Kodi Team - get to do it every day. We get to dream and make real that illusive "what if..." every single day.

And don't forget the countless volunteers that provide excellent legit add-ons, plugins and skins, translations, bug reports, etc. Why do they do it? I guess for the same reason we do it: To get laid! Wink
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2017-06-27, 21:16)h.udo Wrote: Why do they do it? I guess for the same reason we do it: To get laid! Wink

Bugger, did I miss out on the hookers again Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi conversation0