[split] Kodi is genaric
Merci Atreyu pour votre suggestion. J'ai lu les bases de Kodi. Sur mon ordinateur sous Windows 10 tout est parfait. En effet dans Paramètres / Média > Médiathèque > je clique sur Musique... Dans la fenêtre qui s'ouvre : Musique / Fichiers, je clique que Ma Musique. Nouvelle fenêtre : Musque / Ma Musique j'ai le choix entre tous les Genres que j'ai dans ma base de donnée (Ambiance, Ballets etc.) et en cliquant sur l'un des Genres (Ambiance par exemple) j'obtiens tous les albums que j'ai enregistré dans ce Genre.

C'est exactement ce que je souhaite retrouver dans Kodi sur ma télévison Samsug.
Malheureusement, ce n'est pas le cas.

Sur ma tv, après avoir cliquer successivement sur Kodi > sur "Music Library" > sur "Genres" > sur "Ambiance" j'ai la liste de TOUS les artistes répertoriés dans ce genre de musique et non mes Albums !

Je ne sais vraiment pas quoi faire pour obtenir satisfaction, cela fait plusieurs jours que je cherche une solution... en vain.
One last try - the forum language is ENGLISH ONLY please.

If you cannot post in English then use a translation site, but do not post in French.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
anglais seulement, s'il te plais

merci
Thank you Atreyu for your suggestion. I read the basics of Kodi. On my computer under Windows 10 everything is perfect. Indeed in Settings / Media> Media library> I click on Music ... In the window that opens: Music / Files, I click that My Music. New Window: Musque / Ma Musique I have the choice between all the Genres I have in my database (Ambiance, Ballets etc.) and clicking on one of the Genres (Ambiance for example) I get all The albums I recorded in this Genre.

This is exactly what I want to find in Kodi on my TV Samsug.
Unfortunately, it is not the case.

On my tv, after having successively click on Kodi> on "Music Library"> on "Genres"> on "Ambiance" I have the list of ALL the artists listed in this kind of music and not my Albums!

I really do not know what to do to get satisfaction, it has been several days that I seek a solution ... in vain.
Mikaeldeb
@Mikaeldeb

I am a bit lost to what your asking, so ill take a guess, are you saying when using the dlna on your Samsung TV, its messed up?
My 40 inch LCD does not have the same "sorting" options as my Windows 10, so if i use dlna connect to the "shared" kodi media, i can wish from now and until Elvis and Kurt Cobain resurrect from the dead and makes a duet, will never happen and should it, well it would be a mess.

Same with your Samsung TV it prob can't "sort" the same way as Windows 10

If i totally missed the point ignore my post Big Grin
Thank You
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Splitting hijacked thread and moving to music.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Excuse me, mas what to mean "Fracionner the hijacked wire"? What should I do exactly?
It is nothing bad. Don't worry.

It just means you have a question, but you asked that question in a thread that was about a completely different topic.

In this forum, we require members to create their own threads.

Your topic was about music, so I moved you to the music forum.

Just be aware that the DLNA music listing is very different to the Kodi music listing
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have deleted the duplicate posts. Mikaeldeb please do not repeat posts.

Having clicked on a genre e.g. "Ambient" a list of artists with albums with songs having that genre is shown. At the top of that list is "*all" (or whatever that is in French), to see all the albums with songs with that genre click on "*all".

There is no direct way to go from genre to albums using Kodi, but the Kore remote (running on a phone or tablet) does offer that kind of display.
(2017-06-12, 23:43)DaveBlake Wrote: Having clicked on a genre e.g. "Ambient" a list of artists with albums with songs having that genre is shown. At the top of that list is "*all" (or whatever that is in French), to see all the albums with songs with that genre click on "*all".

There is no direct way to go from genre to albums using Kodi, but the Kore remote (running on a phone or tablet) does offer that kind of display.

I think you missed an important detail highlighted in bold

(2017-06-12, 20:42)Mikaeldeb Wrote: Thank you Atreyu for your suggestion. I read the basics of Kodi. On my computer under Windows 10 everything is perfect. Indeed in Settings / Media> Media library> I click on Music ... In the window that opens: Music / Files, I click that My Music. New Window: Musque / Ma Musique I have the choice between all the Genres I have in my database (Ambiance, Ballets etc.) and clicking on one of the Genres (Ambiance for example) I get all The albums I recorded in this Genre.

This is exactly what I want to find in Kodi on my TV Samsug.
Unfortunately, it is not the case.

On my tv, after having successively click on Kodi> on "Music Library"> on "Genres"> on "Ambiance" I have the list of ALL the artists listed in this kind of music and not my Albums!

I really do not know what to do to get satisfaction, it has been several days that I seek a solution ... in vain.
Mikaeldeb

Mikaeldeb if I've understood right, you go to

Music then select Files
In Files there is a My Music folder
Within that folder you have a subfolder for each Genre
Then in each Genre folder you have your Albums.

Therefore you are navigating the Folder/File structure where your music is stored.

When you use UPnP it's not usual to see this Folder/File structure, therefore the Samsung only see's the Kodi generated Music Library created by scanning your music.
Thank you for your suggestions. I must point out two points that I think are important:

1 / On my computer, under KODI, I can access my albums in two ways:
A) As you understand, I can go to Music> Files> then I select My Music / I have then all Genre and by selecting one of the genres I immediately get my albums of the selected genre.
A) By selecting Music> Genre> one of the genres (Ballets for example) I click on "All artists" and I get my albums under "All albums".

2 / This approach was the one I saw on my Samsung TV before the Kripton version 17.3 (it was, I believe, version 17.1). Unfortunately, since the update, I no longer see, on my computer "All Artists" after selecting Genres.

Finally, not being computer literate, I did not manage to connect KORE that I insatallé on my smartphone with with Kodi of my computer.

Should I go back to an earlier version and if so how do.
Thanks again.
You probably need to enable the "Show All Items entry" setting, found in Settings > Media > Music. Sorry I have no idea what that is in French.
Thanks DaveBlake,
In Settings / Media> Music I checked Show the entry "All items" in this version 17.3.
Maybe it would be necessary for me to change the Track Name Model that is currently:
[% N]% A-% T?
In any case, the fact of having checked "All the elements" allows me to have the desired configuration on the computer more unfortunately not on the tv.
I must be absent 2 days for a funeral.
I'll be back on Friday night. Maybe I will have a good surprise when I come back with a proposal for my Samsung TV to answer as in the past under Kodi?
A question to which I do not have an answer: two-I go back to an earlier version (KODI (xbmc) version 17?
Thank you for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Kodi is genaric0