• 16(current)
Req BD and UHD BD Menu support
(2021-01-05, 13:30)daicon Wrote:
(2021-01-05, 01:19)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-01-05, 00:22)daicon Wrote: Hmm
I get it.

But how big is the problem?

It is incredible that being Android, the problem is java.

: -S

thanks

I guess the problem is how libbluray access the java code. 

Java runs on command base on windows/linux. 
If you run a terminal and do
$ java -version
you get an output. 
If you do the same from a terminal on android you get nothing, unless you install java runtime enviroment.

That's the same reason why you need Java emulators to play those old java games on android.
I get it.

So, if I understood you correctly, you tried to install Tumux on the shield and give Kodi access.

But haven't you succeeded?

You say that the developer of the library does not know the reason?

But have they tried?

No, I haven't installed Termux. There's no way 2 applications talk to each other in android without APIs or some other way.

I have copied the JRE compiled for Android to a folder and gave access to Kodi in this folder exposing it as JAVA_HOME. 
This is how libbluray look into this. 

The libbluray developer once replied to me and just mentioned that it would be a huge work to make JRE work under android. 

The beauty of both projects, kodi and libbluray is that it's open source, you can try it yourself, maybe you have a better luck, I sure wasn't able to do it.
@fandangos do you have any working libbluray 1.2.1 ?

I have a strange problem with 2 windows computers, almost identical, brand new installed and in one of them the bluray menus are working, but in the other, once I select the "show blu-ray menu" it waits forever and the disc is not loaded.

So I wanted to try the libbluray 1.2.1 version from https://github.com/ShiftMediaProject/libbluray/releases that includes the 2 jar files, but Kodi can't start due to bd_open_files missing entry dll point not found
(2021-01-11, 02:09)soflip Wrote: @fandangos do you have any working libbluray 1.2.1 ?

I have a strange problem with 2 windows computers, almost identical, brand new installed and in one of them the bluray menus are working, but in the other, once I select the "show blu-ray menu" it waits forever and the disc is not loaded.

So I wanted to try the libbluray 1.2.1 version from https://github.com/ShiftMediaProject/libbluray/releases that includes the 2 jar files, but Kodi can't start due to bd_open_files missing entry dll point not found

Have you overwritten the dll?
This looks like you only replaced the jar files.
(2021-01-11, 03:45)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 02:09)soflip Wrote: @fandangos do you have any working libbluray 1.2.1 ?

Have you overwritten the dll?
This looks like you only replaced the jar files.
Yes, sure, I even deleted the dll and 2 JAR's before copying the new ones. Rare...   Confused
another thing that I tried was to modify with an hex editor the libbluray.dll from Kodi, replacing 1.1.2 by 1.2.1 and using the 2 JARs libbluray-awt-j2se-1.2.1.jar / libbluray-j2se-1.2.1.jar. Now Kodi starts, and the BluRay disc is loaded, but then the menus are not working for some discs.
I remember this error when I would miss the dll file.

Or if the dll file had a different name.

Your best bet would be experimenting compiling libbluray from that git you posted but using the visual Studios version Kodi uses.

Or try changing the source of libbluray make file in tools/depends when compiling to point to the newest one and see if kodi will compile it for you.
In window version of v19, I am able to activate the BD-J menu using key control+shift+M during video playback, but menu navigation and item selection is not possible using arrow keys. Is this a known issue and will be implemented in the final release? Anyway, it is already a big step change for BD-J support. Thanks.
(2021-01-17, 11:43)bigpen23 Wrote: In window version of v19, I am able to activate the BD-J menu using key control+shift+M during video playback, but menu navigation and item selection is not possible using arrow keys. Is this a known issue and will be implemented in the final release? Anyway, it is already a big step change for BD-J support. Thanks.

for me control-shift-M works sometimes, and it depends of the disc... some menus works others no...
(2021-01-18, 00:58)soflip Wrote:
(2021-01-17, 11:43)bigpen23 Wrote: In window version of v19, I am able to activate the BD-J menu using key control+shift+M during video playback, but menu navigation and item selection is not possible using arrow keys. Is this a known issue and will be implemented in the final release? Anyway, it is already a big step change for BD-J support. Thanks.

for me control-shift-M works sometimes, and it depends of the disc... some menus works others no...

Right, I think only menu without Java works for now..
Both menus work.

What happens when you can't control is that the state you toggle isn't in sync.

If you can't control do this, press ctrl+shift+m - check it's not working, wait for menu to close (don't select anything) press it again.

You have to understand is that m_menu = true controls the java menu.
M_menu = false controls kodi.

Ctrl + shift + m toggled m_menu from true to false and false to true.
If you start a chapter, change subtitle, go to top menu, all this, changes m_menu state and it depends on what you do, it can be set to true or false again.

Since this is a Windows/Linux only situation, because Java isn't supported in anything else.
Maybe we should just make a shortcut to change m_menu state without toggling menus on and off.

I'm not using Kodi on Windows anymore. Moved to the nvidia shield and I'm happy with remuxed content so I don't see myself working on this anytime soon but that might be an idea.

The problem is, without reading instructions, how the end user would know that?
(2021-01-18, 18:22)fandangos Wrote: Both menus work.

What happens when you can't control is that the state you toggle isn't in sync.

If you can't control do this, press ctrl+shift+m - check it's not working, wait for menu to close (don't select anything) press it again.

You have to understand is that m_menu = true controls the java menu.
M_menu = false controls kodi.

Ctrl + shift + m toggled m_menu from true to false and false to true.
If you start a chapter, change subtitle, go to top menu, all this, changes m_menu state and it depends on what you do, it can be set to true or false again.

Since this is a Windows/Linux only situation, because Java isn't supported in anything else.
Maybe we should just make a shortcut to change m_menu state without toggling menus on and off.

I'm not using Kodi on Windows anymore. Moved to the nvidia shield and I'm happy with remuxed content so I don't see myself working on this anytime soon but that might be an idea.

The problem is, without reading instructions, how the end user would know that?
Thanks @fandangos. I noticed you have also mentioned the m_menu issue in other topics. I really appreciate your help and advices. Unfortunately, I still can't figure out the workaround solution. After ctrl + shift +m is pressed once, the java menu showed up but can't be controlled. If I do nothing (not pressing any key), the java menu won't go away. It only worked once, when I pressed ctrl+shift+m multiple times very quickly (which causing some toggling event skipped and the java menu/m_menu became sync again?). Wondering if there is any other workaround or the team will fix it in V19 final release?
The thing is, is there anything to fix?

I decided to take a look at this.
Installed visual studio and everything to compile Kodi on windows again...

Started a debug session and started 3:10 to yuma as my uhd bluray test disc.

I can control the main menu.
I can start the movie from main menu.
I can toggle the pop up menu during movie with ctrl+shift+m, while this is happening it's possible to change subtitle/audio/chapter, pressing ctrl+shift+m again it goes away and I can skip chapters once more.

So, if I can't replicate the problem, there's nothing to look at.
(2021-01-19, 18:09)fandangos Wrote: The thing is, is there anything to fix?

I can toggle the pop up menu during movie with ctrl+shift+m, while this is happening it's possible to change subtitle/audio/chapter, pressing ctrl+shift+m again it goes away and I can skip chapters once more.

Thanks for the response. When you change chapter/subtitle, did you use the popup menu to select items (instead of using keyboard shortcut) ? If yes, is it a Java disc ? (has files in ..\BDMV\BDJO?). Seems only java menu has this problem. For movies, skip chapters or change subtitle using keyboard shortcut is perfect fine. But for concert disc, select songs from popup menu is very important and many classical concert discs are Java unfortunately. Thanks again! Blush
(2021-01-20, 16:24)bigpen23 Wrote:
(2021-01-19, 18:09)fandangos Wrote: The thing is, is there anything to fix?

Thanks for the response. When you change chapter/subtitle, did you use the popup menu to select items (instead of using keyboard shortcut) ? If yes, is it a Java disc ? (has files in ..\BDMV\BDJO?). Seems only java menu has this problem. For movies, skip chapters or change subtitle using keyboard shortcut is perfect fine. But for concert disc, select songs from popup menu is very important and many classical concert discs are Java unfortunately. Thanks again! Blush

There are a few concepts that you need to understand to understand what I'm saying:

1. m_menu = true means, Kodi is inside a menu, so it's not playing a video, so it's expecting that the arrow keys you press move the cursor in the menu.
2. m_menu = false means, Kodi is NOT inside a menu, so it's playing a video, so the keys you press control the playback (fast forward, skip, chapters etc)

So when playing a disc you have 2 scenarios: 1 you are browsing a menu 2 you are watching the content.

So far so good, right?

Ok, the problem it's not JAVA, it is that besides a regular menu, you have pop up menus.

Now think like a bluray player:
If you are inside a menu, do menus have chapters? Do menus have fast forward? Menus are static, right?
Because of that while inside a menu, you can't skip a chapter, you can't fast forward, or else you would break the menu, correct?

Ok.. now imagine that for Kodi when you are playing a movie, that DO HAVE a pop up, while playing the movie, it still thinks you are inside a menu.
This causes problems, right? No fast forward, no chapter skipping. 

What is the problem, there's no way (at least that I know of) that is possible to tell if the pop up menu is on screen or not.
If there was a flag that we could use, we could give the user control over the popup menu during playback and when the playback menu is closed it would go back to kodi.

So what option remains? Give the user the freedom to select what he/she wants to control. 
When you press the popup menu key the m_menu state will change. If you press once and it's true it will be false and vice-versa. 

How can I tell the state of m_menu and what am I controlling?
Look at the current chapter, if you see left upper corner 00 means m_menu = true, means kodi think it's inside the menu, even if the movie is playing and the arrow keys you press will be sent to the blu-ray menu and not kodi.

If it says 01/22 or something means you are controlling Kodi.

If you want a way to break this you can do:
Start the main movie of the disc, press the pop up menu key (so m_menu will be set to true - because at every new content you play it is reset to false) now the popup menu is showing, correct?
Now wait for it to disappear or press on a close icon. 
What happened here? You haven't pressed ctrl+shift+m again, have you? so m_menu is still true, means kodi still thinks you are inside a menu, so everything you press will be passed to the disc, if you press up and the disc is programmed to open the popup menu with up, it will open the pop up menu.

if you press left or right and kodi move the playback in the timeline and you think this is wrong, that you would prefer to work with the menus, just press ctrl+shift+m again.

Before the commit I made, you could ONLY control the disc menus this causes:
Chapters not working.
Moving back and forward during playback to be broken

I could restore chapters during menus but that's not a good solution because if you press a chapter skip during playback it will break the playback.
Hello. Is there a way to get BD-J support on Nvidia Shield Pro 2019?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BD and UHD BD Menu support3