• 17(current)
Req BD and UHD BD Menu support
(2021-01-20, 20:26)DavionB473 Wrote: Hello. Is there a way to get BD-J support on Nvidia Shield Pro 2019?
No as there no way to install the necessary Java runtimes on Android.
(2021-01-20, 20:32)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2021-01-20, 20:26)DavionB473 Wrote: Hello. Is there a way to get BD-J support on Nvidia Shield Pro 2019?
No as there no way to install the necessary Java runtimes on Android.

Understood. Thank you for your answer. Smile
(2021-01-20, 17:18)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-01-20, 16:24)bigpen23 Wrote:
(2021-01-19, 18:09)fandangos Wrote: The thing is, is there anything to fix?

I decided to take a look at this.
Installed visual studio and everything to compile Kodi on windows again...

Started a debug session and started 3:10 to yuma as my uhd bluray test disc.

I can control the main menu.
I can start the movie from main menu.
I can toggle the pop up menu during movie with ctrl+shift+m, while this is happening it's possible to change subtitle/audio/chapter, pressing ctrl+shift+m again it goes away and I can skip chapters once more.

So, if I can't replicate the problem, there's nothing to look at.
Thanks for the response. When you change chapter/subtitle, did you use the popup menu to select items (instead of using keyboard shortcut) ? If yes, is it a Java disc ? (has files in ..\BDMV\BDJO?). Seems only java menu has this problem. For movies, skip chapters or change subtitle using keyboard shortcut is perfect fine. But for concert disc, select songs from popup menu is very important and many classical concert discs are Java unfortunately. Thanks again! Blush

There are a few concepts that you need to understand to understand what I'm saying:

1. m_menu = true means, Kodi is inside a menu, so it's not playing a video, so it's expecting that the arrow keys you press move the cursor in the menu.
2. m_menu = false means, Kodi is NOT inside a menu, so it's playing a video, so the keys you press control the playback (fast forward, skip, chapters etc)

So when playing a disc you have 2 scenarios: 1 you are browsing a menu 2 you are watching the content.

So far so good, right?

Ok, the problem it's not JAVA, it is that besides a regular menu, you have pop up menus.

Now think like a bluray player:
If you are inside a menu, do menus have chapters? Do menus have fast forward? Menus are static, right?
Because of that while inside a menu, you can't skip a chapter, you can't fast forward, or else you would break the menu, correct?

Ok.. now imagine that for Kodi when you are playing a movie, that DO HAVE a pop up, while playing the movie, it still thinks you are inside a menu.
This causes problems, right? No fast forward, no chapter skipping. 

What is the problem, there's no way (at least that I know of) that is possible to tell if the pop up menu is on screen or not.
If there was a flag that we could use, we could give the user control over the popup menu during playback and when the playback menu is closed it would go back to kodi.

So what option remains? Give the user the freedom to select what he/she wants to control. 
When you press the popup menu key the m_menu state will change. If you press once and it's true it will be false and vice-versa. 

How can I tell the state of m_menu and what am I controlling?
Look at the current chapter, if you see left upper corner 00 means m_menu = true, means kodi think it's inside the menu, even if the movie is playing and the arrow keys you press will be sent to the blu-ray menu and not kodi.

If it says 01/22 or something means you are controlling Kodi.

If you want a way to break this you can do:
Start the main movie of the disc, press the pop up menu key (so m_menu will be set to true - because at every new content you play it is reset to false) now the popup menu is showing, correct?
Now wait for it to disappear or press on a close icon. 
What happened here? You haven't pressed ctrl+shift+m again, have you? so m_menu is still true, means kodi still thinks you are inside a menu, so everything you press will be passed to the disc, if you press up and the disc is programmed to open the popup menu with up, it will open the pop up menu.

if you press left or right and kodi move the playback in the timeline and you think this is wrong, that you would prefer to work with the menus, just press ctrl+shift+m again.

Before the commit I made, you could ONLY control the disc menus this causes:
Chapters not working.
Moving back and forward during playback to be broken

I could restore chapters during menus but that's not a good solution because if you press a chapter skip during playback it will break the playback.

Thank you again for your detail explanation. I think there are some misunderstandings. For those java discs I tested, the java popup won't disappear if I don't toggle ctrl+shift+M, so the m_menu status might actually be in sync. Let me explain again the problem and see if it can be replicated :

1. Open a BD Java iso file(with files in folder \BDMV\BDJO) in v19 (latest window built on 17 Jan 21)
2. Wait for top menu (same item as popup menu) to show up. Then select a chapter from the menu item.
3. Video content played correctly and menu is gone (so far so good...)
4. Then, when you want to "jump" to other chapter. You press ctrl-shift-m, and the popup menu appears.
5. But if you try to press the arrow buttons, it skips chapter/fast forward instead of controlling menu items. Popup menu won't disappear until you press ctrl-shift-m again...
Exactly as I said the m_menu controlling isn't in sync.

This isn't a bulletproof workaround.

When it starts a playback after a top menu it will be skipping chapters and fast forwarding with the Kodi OSD.

In theory, if you look at all the other discs if you select a playlist/chapter/angle, the menu will be gone because the selection is made.

In your case, this particular disc won't work like that.

What I see it's going on is that when you ctrl+shift+m it change the status to control the disc but when it do that the popup menu is gone.

As I said back there, there are a few solutions and I can compile a x64 version for you but every single one has a setback

1. You never control the discs menus, except for the top menu.

2. You always control the discs menu and popup menus but chapter skipping and fast forward using Kodi OSD will not work.

3. It might be possible to map to another key, like zero, but when I tried that it wasn't working.
I believe you might have to map it in a keyboard advanced file.
(2021-01-21, 13:37)fandangos Wrote: Exactly as I said the m_menu controlling isn't in sync.

When it starts a playback after a top menu it will be skipping chapters and fast forwarding with the Kodi OSD.

In theory, if you look at all the other discs if you select a playlist/chapter/angle, the menu will be gone because the selection is made.

What I see it's going on is that when you ctrl+shift+m it change the status to control the disc but when it do that the popup menu is gone.

As I said back there, there are a few solutions and I can compile a x64 version for you but every single one has a setback

2. You always control the discs menu and popup menus but chapter skipping and fast forward using Kodi OSD will not work.

3. It might be possible to map to another key, like zero, but when I tried that it wasn't working.

Thank you    Blush
(2021-01-21, 15:08)bigpen23 Wrote:
(2021-01-21, 13:37)fandangos Wrote: Exactly as I said the m_menu controlling isn't in sync.

Thank you    Blush

hey @bigpen23 

check this out, I think you will be happy Smile

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359995
(2021-01-21, 18:02)fandangos Wrote:
(2021-01-21, 15:08)bigpen23 Wrote:

Thank you    Blush

hey @bigpen23 

check this out, I think you will be happy Smile

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359995

Thanks a lot @fandangos,  You’re a star!!!!!  Laugh
Hallo,
i wonder if somebody can Kodi update to use new libbluray v1.2.1 Changelog to maybe solve some issues with bluray menus which do not correct working?
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2021-02-13, 20:54)tehax Wrote: Hallo,
i wonder if somebody can Kodi update to use new libbluray v1.2.1 Changelog to maybe solve some issues with bluray menus which do not correct working?

On windows or Android?

On windows you can just get libbluray compiled from here:
https://github.com/ShiftMediaProject/libbluray/releases

And replace the dll and jar files on Kodi installation folder.
(2021-02-13, 23:59)fandangos Wrote:

On windows or Android?

Thanks, i am on Windows. There is no libbluray.dll in the packages (which is the right one?). I am no expert in these things so i should wait for a PR.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
(2021-02-14, 00:45)tehax Wrote:
(2021-02-13, 23:59)fandangos Wrote:

On windows or Android?

Thanks, i am on Windows. There is no libbluray.dll in the packages (which is the right one?). I am no expert in these things so i should wait for a PR.

PR? Pull request?
Well, moving on..

So, go to the link provided.
There, click on the arrow pointing down after the word Assets.
Now download any zip package you want.

Any with the letters MSVC on it's file name.

If you unzip this, you will see a folder named bin, inside that folder you will find the 2 jar files you need.
Next go into x64 (if you are using a x64 windows system) or x86 (if you are using a x86 windows)

Now just copy the dll and replace the one in kodi folder.

I don't remember exactly what the name kodi uses but that package has bluray.dll.
If that's not the same used in Kodi (you can see the name it has before copying it into your kodi installation directory) you will need to rename so it replaces it.

Example: bluray.dll > rename to libbluray.dll > copy and paste to replace.
@fandangos 

Don´t work with replacing the files, need to compile Kodi with includes and libs...

If replace the files, Kodi will don´t open, remember when I said about the bd_open_files message, it´s the same. Need on kodi.exe with support.

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Interesting.

It might just be a method name change but I don't remember libbluray having any breaking change it opens the disks.

Edit: now looking at the picture, seems to be a compile error.

Have you tried all versions on that github?
@fandangos 

Compiling Kodi with libs and includes, works fine.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2021-02-14, 13:37)Wanilton Wrote: @fandangos 

Compiling Kodi with libs and includes, works fine.
Cool, can you share them?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BD and UHD BD Menu support3