[CODER NEEDED] Aeon Companion
Apologies if this is the wrong place to be posting this, but I think I need a coder for something.

Aeon is at the point now where the placeholder conventions for file structure (little things here and there for those choosing the 'Aeon' style of library) are becoming more permanent. While the skin fully supports existing Kodi libraries, there are benefits for those ready to add a few bits and bobs:

• description text for picture albums
• thumbnails for picture albums
• keyart and poster folders for movies and TV shows
• large and small format album art
• artwork for music artists

Again, Aeon doesn't need any of this to populate its artwork if you choose the existing Kodi route - it will work out of the box - but this is for those who want to more curated, uncompromised version you've seen in screenshots.

Before anyone says it, I'm not prepared to use things such as a picture database to manage simple data which Kodi should be aware of without expensive addons. The reason I'm not defaulting to Kodi's database more is because I've found it vastly more reliable, portable and efficient to have it simply pull images from folders.

I use Aeon on a daily basis while making it, and am well aware that managing all this stuff is a pain. Right now I'm using a labyrinthine batch file to make life easier, but what's really needed is a basic management app to handle it all. Ideally it would use Imagemagick to process images to optimal sizes and put them in the right places, supporting drag and drop.

I don't have time to do it. If anyone's a dab hand at this kind of thing and fancies playing a potentially important role in this project, let me know.

Thanks!
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CODER NEEDED] Aeon Companion0